Life, Murphy's Law and french taxes

chessie

I'm confused and floundering a bit - need guidance.

We seem to have lost/mislaid the french tax printout summarising everything we've declared, and the rate at which tax and social charges are levied.   

The 'lost' document is for the year 2017 which would cover income during the tax year 2016.   Can't find this - and fed-up with looking.

I need to have a copy of this computerised assessment form which was sent by the tax people.   Anyone know the correct, official title of this form, and/or the document number so that I can ask for a copy ?

We've also received demand/request for payment of tax for 2017 - but have had no document from tax people showing how they have arrived at this total tax demand.

Am I going round in circles... or what ?

Please - Chessie

Regarding the demand for 2017, this is based on your 2016 tax payments. You will get another demand in May and the final demand in August will be based on what you have already paid and what you owe in total from your (yet to be completed) tax return.

Before long you will find yourselves having to make monthly payments for the first 10 months of each year. I already enjoy that pleasure - in fact not too bad and does help even out the outgoings through the year. As above there is a back calculation in August based on what has already been paid and what is owed. For last year this resulted in me paying almost nothing in the final month.

If you have an online tax account all of your tax documents should be on there.Every tax return I ever submitted, including the ones I filled in on paper before I started declaring online, are there to be consulted / printed / downloaded. Also all the avis that I have ever been sent.

All your documents will be there even if you submit them by post like me, takes them a good 6 months to update the site though, mine said that I had not submitted a return last year, I phoned them and they agreed, said I should do another one straight away, took it in and the gilr looked confused and said my return had already been processed, she could see how much I had to pay and gave it to me on a post-it but said it would be a little while before I could access it on the impots site, it took another 6 months.

No different to my banques really, pay money in and they give me a reciept for my new balance but it takes up to a week for my on line banking to show it, thats is they actually manage to credit all the cheques they have signed for or credit one and then remove the money months later.

Chancer it is worth checking that they are still correct when they show up online.They must have people sitting there inputting all the data from paper forms by hand and sometimes they make mistakes. A couple of years back the online version didn't have the 'no TV' box checked, though it was clearly checked on the copy of the paper form I submitted. That was one of the reasons why I decided it was better to declare online in the first place, I don't need other people in on the act making mistakes for me, I can make my own.

Yes indeed I do check between the two and they managed to get it wrong in my favor every year until the last one, its not hard, I only fill in é boxes but clearly looking through all the pages to the last page was far too much effort for them.

The gains it made for me is the reason that I continue to submit paper returns plus being able to keep a real photocopy.