It's fingers down the throat time...............

Bugsy

Check out the middle bit of this clip.

Why?  Just because you have nothing to do all day but post links to items that feed your obsession against the elected government of the UK?  A country incidentally that you profess to have no intention of returning to now you live in France.[:-))]

Why not join a French political party? I did in 2006 and I helped in their election campaign in 2007, and it wasn't the PS either.  Get involved with things that affect your life in France for a change.  We are currently, thanks to the greed of a few ex-UK civil servants and teachers campaigning for a change in the law to prevent people with pensions taxed in other countries from taking money that is intended for the poor people of this country.  I'm sure you will support this as you are so against others with their snouts in troughs[kiss].

For those who don't know what this is about, its where those former upright citizens of the UK like  police, teachers and civil servants etc who have their pensions taxed in the UK have found there is a loophole in the rules that allow people with thousands in the UK banks and £50,000 pa pensions paid and taxed in the UK to claim an allowance for winter fuel as their tax return in France shows that they pay no tax in France and so meet the criteria, but obviously not the spirit of the rules[:@].

Calm down Ronnie, Its just a Jon Stewart Comedy Show, just a bit of fun Ron,
before that apoplexy does you a mischief, let me know when GB was elected PM?
Incidently I have taken boom and bust several times, but borrow and disaster,
then borrow our kids future is a bit more of a swallow, take me back to 15% interest right now![8-|]

[quote user="Ron Avery"]

Get involved with things that affect your life in France for a change. 

[/quote]

Ha, ha, ha........................you really do know nothing sunshine.................

Same old misinformed drivel...................... do please try and get you're facts right before spouting this cr@p.

[quote user="just john "]

Calm down Ronnie, Its just a Jon Stewart Comedy Show, just a bit of fun Ron,
before that apoplexy does you a mischief, let me know when GB was elected PM?
Incidently I have taken boom and bust several times, but borrow and disaster,
then borrow our kids future is a bit more of a swallow, take me back to 15% interest right now![8-|]

[/quote]

You must tell when John Major was elected as PM[:P]  Whether we like it or not, under the rules of all major parties in the UK the leader elected by the members of the party normally becomes the Prime Minister.[blink]  Maybe the Tories forgot that in 2008 and just wanted to try and force an election because they were ahead in the polls at the time??[:P],

OK John I agree it was satire but I have just had 250â‚Ĵ taken from my bank account on a closed D/D so not in the best frame of mind, I must get out more................ join Gary on a bike ride, off to pump my tyres up now and oil the chain[:D]

And yes I remember the mortgage rate going from 9% to 15% in a short time and grown men with endowment mortgages that they could not extend sitting in the office with the notification letters and a grim and shocked look on their faces, not happy times, but heh we got through it by hard work and determination well some of us did[6].

[quote user="Bugbear"][quote user="Ron Avery"]

Get involved with things that affect your life in France for a change. 

[/quote]

Ha, ha, ha........................you really do know nothing sunshine.................

Same old misinformed drivel...................... do please try and get you're facts right before spouting this cr@p.

[/quote]  Reply deleted

As 16 kids and teachers have been killed in Germany today continuing this drivel does not seem very important in the grand scheme of things

[quote user="PeterG"]

Ron wrote:

Why not post a sensible answer, people will appreciate it more.

(the words practice and preach come to mind)

[/quote]

Deleted

As 16 kids and teachers have been killed in Germany today continuing this drivel does not seem very important in the grand scheme of things.[:(]

To all the posters currently engaged in a spate of verbal put-downs:

Please argue your point without resorting to personal jibes.

Accept that not everyone agrees with your views and yet all of you are entitled to express them within the frame of the forum code of conduct.

if you cannot do this, this thread will be locked and removed.

Forum moderators.

Clair, would it not be better to review the posts on this and other threads and then take action against the individual who actually started the personal jibes and verbal put-downs.

Much better than a 'round-robin' warning, IMHO, of course.

[quote user="Ron Avery"]

Absolutely agree Clair, with some people reasoned argument and facts only get met by abuse.[:P]

[/quote]

I don't think that you would recognise a fact  Ron if it bit you on the @rse.

As for reasoned argument, well I'd love to see an example from any of your previous postings.

Abuse, well I bow to the master.