Favourite Winnie the Pooh expressions

Kitty

I was just about to type 'And so to bed...', when I thought that I would like to find out what is your favourite expression/quotation.

Mine is:

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live a day without you." - Winnie the Pooh to Christopher Robin.

[quote user="Cathy"]

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live a day without you." - Winnie the Pooh to Christopher Robin.

[/quote]

That is so lovely[:)] I can believe Winnie saying something like that, he is sensitive and sincere and really quite emotional. I would love to live with him.

[quote user="Furry Knickers"]Cathy's is the best! I think the rest of you are just looking them up on the internet.[/quote]In my case, that is a scurilous and unworthy accusation, Furry!  It's actually from my favourite bone china mug from which I regularly drink my tea.  Internet, indeed![:P]

Gosh FK you are so right, how come you are so clever, do you have Pooh on your bookshelf? [:$]; I don't have Pooh on my bookshelf anymore, (though I read them with Bestest love you up to the sky granddaughter who does, together with Hungry Caterpillar, Princess Bella and Stephanie from Lazy Town; when the old grey cells struggle I have been known to use aids) is that a sin too?[:P]

It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?"[8-|]

[quote user="Furry Knickers"] I think the rest of you are just looking them up on the internet.[/quote]

Unfortunately not so.... in my dotage I find myself excusing myself quite often by saying "I'm a bear of very little brain".

[quote user=" john "]

Gosh FK you are so right, how come you are so clever, do you have Pooh on your bookshelf? [:$]; I don't have Pooh on my bookshelf anymore, (though I read them with Bestest love you up to the sky granddaughter who does, together with Hungry Caterpillar, Princess Bella and Stephanie from Lazy Town; when the old grey cells struggle I have been known to use aids) is that a sin too?[:P]

[/quote]

Dearest John, I never meant to cast a slurry on your good name (or coops or the other lad) so please forgive me for being so assumptuous. I am deeply, deeply sorry[kiss]Will you accept that kiss as a token of me sincerity? I have never had pooh on me bookshelf (except when the gerbil gets out) but I have seen the cartoons when I was only young and I have to say, I did develop a massive crush on Winnie and wanted to be near him all the time. I can't remember many of his sayings and would not cheat by looking on the net for them, but I was enchanted by Cathy's original Pooh quote, it is a line I shall be using in me future courting rituals. Love from Furry O'Toole[:)]

[quote user="Furry Knickers"][quote user=" john "]

[/quote]

I never meant to cast a slurry on your good name (or coops or the other lad). Will you accept that kiss as a token of me sincerity?  Love from Furry O'Toole[:)]

[/quote]

Absolutely not, much more grovelling may suffice may I suggest the following Pooh quote;

"I see now," said Winnie the Pooh. "I have been Foolish and Deluded," said he, "and I am a Bear of No Brain at All."  [:D]

Here's another snippit for your consideration.  Not sure if it should be in the 'Adult' version though [:$]

"So it does!" said Pooh. "It goes in!"

"So it does!" said Piglet. "And it comes out!"

"Doesn't it?" said Eeyore. "It goes in and out like anything."

• 4 months later...

How about[Www]

Did you ever stop to think and forget to start again?

or 

It's always useful to know where a friend-or-relation is, whether you want them or whether you don't.

best of all

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.[8-|]
Winnie the Pooh

Great quotes, JJ.

[quote user="woolybanana"]I wonder if you could find a Winnie the Plop expression that we could send to Grumpy with our regards?[/quote]

Grumpy is Eeyore the Second...

although I'm not sure that Eeyore would believe in 'Elf and Safety.