Old PC wanted

AnOther

If anyone is chucking out an old PC which has

had it's day I'd be glad of it, age and faults irrelevent as I can

probably fix it.

Happy to collect anywhere say within 50k of Prayssac.

I am experimenting with something which uses a hard drive but the

MOBO on the old dog I have been using has died a death so at present have

to disembowel my OH's machine to plug the drive in and work on it and

she's getting a bit ticked off with me Crying or Very sad

We have an iMac.

Working perfectly well despite its age (last century - just)

It's just that we're moving and we now have a MacBookPro and don't really need 2 computers.

Funnily enough, I just spent this afternoon trying to remove all my personal stuff from the iMac with a view to passing it on to someone else.

We're probably too far away from you too though.

And then of course, perhaps you are one of those funny people who dont like macs!

pps.

And we're selling/giving away lots of other household stuff prior to our move.

Just got to prune this house in the next month or so.

Wardrobe/bookcase/occasional tables/dramatic wrought iron candlesticks/a violin/2 guitars/music stands/sheet music/hifi with turntable plus vinyl records/clavinova piano/metal detector - I could go on all night.

Might be worth your while having a run out just to look.

[quote user="bubbles"]And then of course, perhaps you are one of those funny people who dont like macs![/quote]I have nothing against Macs themselves, especially since Apple woke up and switched to Intel CPUs - and consequently endowed Macs with the ability to run Windows, no its the all too common and nauseating eulogising that goes with some of their fans which gets me - got a Windows problem - buy a Mac ! [Www]

In any case for what I need, the ability to attach a Linux formatted 3.5" IDE hard drive and boot from a Linux CD, a MacBookPro will not fit the bill, I need an old scabby  PC which is what I'm asking for. I suspect you are not giving your MacBookPro away [;-)]

Thanks anyway [:)]

I live about 180 kilometres away but will probably be visiting friends in Tremolat, which is only 69 kms from you, some time in June. I have two ancient PCs - one of which was in use up to February this year. If you have not source on before then please post and I can bring them with me.

I'm not familiar with every village in France Q so never made the association, funny though, for no particular reason I had it in my mind that you were way North of me somewhere [blink]

Actually my OH is visiting Carcasonne in August and although I wouldn't expect you to hang on to the PC for that long and I'm sure something will turn up nearer if it's not too much in the and if you did, it would be handy to know that it's there if nothing else does turn up.

Anton:

Thanks for the offer, 69k is doable, especially for 2, so when are you there and are you passing my way or coming from a different direction ?

I'll be honest we have one of these clear out days where the guy from the Marie comes and collects all your junk on Monday and I was going through all the stuff that needs to go. We are about an hour from Carcassonne going south. Now I don't mind hanging on to it till August if I know somebody is going to take it (theres a monitor and speakers as well but no keyboard, mouse or HDD) but I would like to know before tomorrow (Sunday) night.

We are driving to Tremolat on Thursday (10th June) afternoon and probably staying Friday. I have two Systems Boxes one ME the other XP both working when put in store.

Also have a small flat screen and CRT plus key boards if you want them. Please pm with Email or telephone number so we can sort out delivery / Tremolat address if you still want one or both