TAX RETURN - How to declare share sales.I

bouliste

Having just returned from hospital after an op i am running late with my Impot Declaration!

I am trying to declare the sale of two small (moneywise) batches of UK shares owned for a number of years (qualifying for 50% & 65% reductions respectively)

So - 2042C box 3SG for the amount of reduction and

2042 box 3VG fot the gains minus the reduction. Then i get directed to form 2074 at which point i am completely lost! It won't let me continue until completed.

Can anyone help me as to what i am supposed to enter and where- or if i have to use any of the other 2074 options?

Many thanks.

I've never used form 2074 either, but I notice that 2042 box 3VG is for the gain before the reduction (sans l'application d'abattement), not minus the reduction as you said.

Maybe that is why you have a snag in the procedure.

Nomoss wrote : I've never used form 2074 either, but I notice that 2042 box 3VG is for the gain before the reduction (sans l'application d'abattement), not minus the reduction as you said.

Maybe that is why you have a snag in the procedure.

The problem is .. as always in France .. that the boxes quoted on the blue form 2042 are reserved for those (French) people who have their capital gain calculation already done for them by their French stockbroker/Bank/ financial advisor.

If, like me, you are calculating your 8 year reduction yourself because your Investments are/were UK based.. then you are obliged to complete form 2074 and most probably 2074 ABT.

This/these form(s) .. to put it mildly .. cause me to have at least one panic attack every May when I have to fill it/them in.

It/they is/are horrendous.

If you can plead ignorance and can possibly avail yourself of someone who knows what they are talking about at your Tax Office .. then my advice is to do just that.

• 3 years later...