Removal firms costs

Good afternoon to all in the forum,

With such a large choice of removal firms offering thier services in FPN, can any one recommend a company in the north of England. Also do you have any idea of the costs of a removal to the south west of France, from a 3 bed house in Yorkshire.

Having this conversation recently with a company I have previously dealt with, they said that rates have fallen significantly in the last year and more people are returning than they are taking out now; their advice was that rates are cheaper between October and March and better rates are available if you are flexible enough to tie in with a returning load.

There is a site for one way loads which I believe a real virtual Clair posted once before?

We used David Dale Removals who I think are based up in Yorkshire, for a move down southwest. However, we had a LOT of stuff, vehicles, etc. but they were not the cheapest nor the most expensive but seemed the most organised! No problems with the removals, everything got there in one piece, their people were very helpful.

[quote user="nectarine"]We used David Dale Removals who I think are based up in Yorkshire ...

No problems with the removals, everything got there in one piece, their people were very helpful.[/quote]

We used them for a part load in 2005 and they were excellent - even though delivery was on a boiling hot day and with very awkward access. All was arranged by Internet and email, from the original quote to the final delivery, as we were living in a gite with no phone at the time - and definitely no mobile phone signal - so I had to go online at the Mairie to arrange things!

Sue