Blog

woolybanana

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still unpacking my stuff from France and this week found several shopping lists. All on the pad I wrote them on, ie never went with me. I am bordelique. I always forget my list. I always forget my bags. I often buy eco bags, and then they are left all over the house and drives everyone mad. I never fold them. A neighbour in France took quite some time in showing me how to fold bags properly and I was too polite to tell her she was wasting her time.

French ladies do not wear underwear? Curious statement, I'm sure that many do. Anyway, from my thread the other week I thought that men liked underwear as it appeared, from what was said, that it is considered as some sort of gift wrapping to be removed at leisure!

Do british ladies wear underwear? Do german ladies?

A new research project for your blog?

I never noticed if my neighbours put their knickers on the line. I used to put mine on the line. 

But saying that in summer, at home and wearing a long skirt and tee shirt or dress I would not wear any underwear at all when it was hot. No idea what anyone else did, that is what I did. A friend kept telling me that shorts were cooler, mon oeil, how could they be, all that fabric at the top of one's legs. 

Ofcourse I was brought up right and I never left home sans culottes, what if I had an accident?

Have you considered that these frillys don't get washed?

And what sort of woman am I, what sort of woman did our notaire think I was when we signed for our house? Of all the important things to tell us, there was a clause that we could not have a washing line at the front or side of the house. The notaire kept coming back to me and repeating this, and in a very severe manner. I was wondering if it was about hanging undies out and shocking the neighbourhood. If he said it once, then it was at least 5 times and could have been more. So all I remember from that day is that we could not have a washing line at the front of the house, not that the Mairie had had us with quite a lot and that there were problems with the lotissment prive, which were IRL far more important.

Our washing line was duly put at the back of our house, the other four houses on our estate all had them at the front or side of their house and easily seen by everyone, but I never noticed what was on them. I never even noticed when I would go and get the washing in for my immediate neighbour when unexpected rain started and they were at work.

During the last german invasion if what I have been told is correct, those pants in two halves one for each leg and tied with a ribbon at the top were still being worn, which are rather like no underwear at all. And maybe why the cancan was banned when it was first performed, if that was what they were wearing, what do you think?

Well it was on the cards that the people would be doing more than two a year. It was the paper work that killed our huge braderie, yes, all that paperwork and them being hot on it all at the time as they had decided to be strict.  In our dept the Prefet was not going to have anyone selling their stuff willy nilly so we had the gendarmes coming along and going through everything. 

We were a little group of benevole, that was all and they made it too much for us to be able to run.

Until then, we were the richest assoc in the village, probably in the vicinity. We had organised Bals, with topless Tahitian ladies dancing and many other things to get the punters in and spending their money (but not much profit in such do's) and then the Braderie took off. It was such hard work and so worth it. Glad you had a good day.

[quote user="idun"]

I am still unpacking my stuff from France and this week found several shopping lists. All on the pad I wrote them on, ie never went with me. I am bordelique. I always forget my list. I always forget my bags. I often buy eco bags, and then they are left all over the house and drives everyone mad. I never fold them. A neighbour in France took quite some time in showing me how to fold bags properly and I was too polite to tell her she was wasting her time.

French ladies do not wear underwear? Curious statement, I'm sure that many do. Anyway, from my thread the other week I thought that men liked underwear as it appeared, from what was said, that it is considered as some sort of gift wrapping to be removed at leisure!

Do british ladies wear underwear? Do german ladies?

A new research project for your blog?

[/quote]

I have always noticed when on the beach etc that German women do not have to wear underwear as they have enough to keep them warm all year round, If you know what I mean.

Wow, over 3000 hits now, that's nearly 200 a week. Can't be bad. Thank you to all who support the blog.

As to the tour, PPP, avoided it completely by going in the opposite direction, but it comes through our village tomorrow morning so will watch it then. Interestingly enough, though, the village itself seems not to have put out as much as a banderole. Sad or what?

On the outskirts of my main village yesterday I noticed a large European flag dangling from a tree, which I took be encouragement to the TdF participants who will be cycling past it tomorrow.  However, closer inspection revealed it to be almost completely shredded, so I don't know what message that is putting over.

Angela

I have added a final few lines to the blog, having looked again at the last of the fotos. I will try and get back to the abbey with a stepladder or something to get proper pictures; I now think that the wall paintings represent a history of the abbey, with royal coats of arms above and religious symbols below, but it is only an idea.