Blog

woolybanana

Well I'll be diddled with a feather duster, I'd also assumed it was an American spelling. Oh well, old age gettin at me.

Thanks, Pacha, all changed now, I hope.

Edit: I knew I had seen it somewhere,

http://www.actm-trailor.com/vehicules-disponibles/

and http://www.bustinsleisure.co.uk/bustins/website/flatsite/renderhtml__ref_32_site_2_catid_26_flatsite_yes.htm

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="woolybanana"]

Surely graphic design it was all started by the Egyptians with those guys walking sideways like, wellll, Egyptians, or was it the Mesopotamians with their square beards?

How do the Americans react to your relaxed, chatty style of writing?

[/quote]

Well, that was the brief point I made in that essay. Probably the Mesopotamians had the first form of writing (being the earliest form of civilization), so they could be credited with it. But in modern times, the actual concept as a concept was officially introduced in the 1920's.

That piece was very relaxed, my lecturer said he wanted to see a little bit of light hearted humor in the essay. Hope I achieved that.

But I've been getting an A in every essay I've done so far. My history lecturer has kept two of my assignments to use as an example of what she wants from other students for the essays. My girlfriend called me a supernerd :)

I'm sure that she really meant 'superb' Mr Lion.

Je m'excuse but I opened it and was looking for another recipe. Your pages look lovely, but I do rather just hunt out recipes immediately in magasines and now apparently on blogs too. I did notice a bit about Toontown, [:'(] not Newcastle upon Tyne? That is The Toon. OK, so I'll do what a very kindly librarian told me to do recently with a book, 'read it' she said, and I did.

I finally had a look at your blog, Wooly.

My first reaction was confusion - I really didn't imagine you looking like that at all.

I mean, you look just like an ordinary, normal sort of person - nobody would ever guess what lies beneath that exterior.

Haven't read much of your blog yet (but will do) since I was sidetracked and fascinated by the Ikeahack site. Thanks so much for that.

Idun has offically lost the plot now.

I had read weblog as WEB   LOG and now I have read Ikeahack as    IKE  A  HACK and was wondering what Ike meant.

Is there any hope of recovery from my current state, I am starting to wonder and doubt it[8-)]

Out of sheer boredom I have just read your blog Wooly, I do like the trailer article but.........some Ladies do drive 4 x 4s pulling large trailers, Mrs PD used to often tow a 5m + caravan with a Range Rover and also drove a reasonable sized truck. Still, it was very amusing especially the reversing reference - not easy to learn, especially with a small / short drawbar trailer, or an articulated trailer ( I nearly wrecked one of those once).

Well, Mrs PD must have well developed arm muscles then, and nerves of steel!!

For Idun, I have blogged a couple of tea time drinks and a treat from 1905 to offer her guests, using oranges which seem abundent at the moment.

I'll try veau braisé à la Montglas next.

[quote user="woolybanana"]

Well, Mrs PD must have well developed arm muscles then, and nerves of steel!!

For Idun, I have blogged a couple of tea time drinks and a treat from 1905 to offer her guests, using oranges which seem abundent at the moment.

I'll try veau braisé à la Montglas next.

[/quote]

Power steering ??????

Nerves of steel ?......well she is married to me ( Sky diving, scuba diving, bungie jumping nutcase)

Are you trying to get me drunk, I feel tipsy just reading those recipes. Two sips and I would be legless[:'(]

The jelly sounds rather nice though, like that idea. 

A female friend of mine manages trailors beautifully, but they had a big one with a 4x4 and I have been told that they are easier to reverse.Our little one is blxxxx murder to reverse and I gave up on trying. I'd rather get out of the car, unhook it and move it instead of reversing.

Are you going to add a blogpic of the new hairdo, Wooly?

I had one of those fidelity card thingies from a French hairdresser, and when I thought I could redeem it she told me that it was two years old, so null and void...

Angela

I was a Jehovah's Witness for a few years Wooly, back in my 20's so I did learn a lot about the bible and how much paganism got into christianity over the years.

Am very much agnostic now, there's something out there, but I don't believe it's this all seeing all knowing god that the majority of the world thinks.

I still enjoy reading about the theology of christianity and about other people's beliefs though.

Reminds me of the one where a Jehovah's witness knocked at a door armed with a pile of books and the customary neat haircut.

The chap who answered asked him in and gave him a cup of tea with some biscuits.

Then he asked: "So what did you want to talk to me about?"

The young man answered: "Oh, b****r. I don't know. I've never got this far before."

I realise that some of you live in Normandy so was wondering if the Soupe Normande was a local delicacy. If it is, is it good? The recipe on the blog was not. My hope was that that bone would give a wonderful flavour all on it's own, well with the aid of some onion. Now, if I had been making a good stock, then I would have had more veggies in with the bone and some herbs or bouquet garni, and salt and pepper, maybe garlic and or wine too. Seived, a good stock could be thickened and have cream added and be very good.

So if anyone has had this and it has been good, what had they put in it to give it some flavour.

I'll use what I have as a stock base to go with something else, but I'll have to use my magic and tweak it until it is good, it already has wine in it to perk it up, but needs more TLC, until it reaches a standard I would find good enough to dish up.

Reading other recipes from those times, it is clear that our predecessors took in much more fat than we do these days

Ancienne recette normande :

La soupe à la graisse faisait autrefois la base de la nourriture de bien des paysans et même de citadins normands.

Presumably to keep warm amongst other things.