Sale of good Act

PeterG

Under the Sale of Goods legislation his claims would be, either:

Goods not fit for purpose - unlikely to be able to proceed on this criteria, it has been established that the goods were of the usual design for his purpose.

Goods not of merchantable quality - if the goods were able to perform their advertised function, then he would be unlikely to succeed here.

Goods not as described - this could be the basis of his claim. He should not have contacted the police but Trading Standards. I have no idea how Trading Standards would make its evaluation.

[6]

[quote user="Clarkkent"]

Goods not as described - this could be the basis of his claim. He should not have contacted the police but Trading Standards. I have no idea how Trading Standards would make its evaluation.

[6]

[/quote]

But is not beauty in the eye of the beholder so what would Trading Standards view be and would they have to try the goods?

[quote user="Clarkkent"]

[quote user="Rabbie"]Does the Sale of Goods Act apply to things bought privately rather than through a business?[/quote]

Wasn't the provider of the goods a sole trader running a small business?

[/quote]

I have my doubts if she is paying any tax on her earnings. If she is it could be argued HMRC are living on immoral earnings[:D]

If not then is it really a business?

As was said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, something that was highlighted last year by Samantha Brick....... and she made me realise that I am obviously clueless about beauty of any kind.

And if the lady in question on this thread was really that laide, then I cannot help but wonder how 'laide' she was. And I wouldn't mind have a butcher's at the bloke in question too.

I wish that they would legalise brothels, they'd have to be clean and pay taxes and probably VAT too. The government is really missing out on a good source of revenue.

[quote user="Rabbie"][quote user="Clarkkent"]

[quote user="Rabbie"]Does the Sale of Goods Act apply to things bought privately rather than through a business?[/quote]

Wasn't the provider of the goods a sole trader running a small business?

[/quote]

I have my doubts if she is paying any tax on her earnings. If she is it could be argued HMRC are living on immoral earnings[:D]

If not then is it really a business?

[/quote]

Ah, no doubt she was using the Google model and the sale was made in the Republic of Ireland so no tax is payable in the UK.

[quote user="idun"]

I wish that they would legalise brothels, they'd have to be clean and pay taxes and probably VAT too. The government is really missing out on a good source of revenue.

[/quote] I am truly shocked by this suggestion especially coming from a woman. Research has shown that the vast majority of  "ladies of the night" only do it because they have no other source of income and are often acting under duress from their pimps. I doubt if anyone would want their daughter to work in the "oldest profession" so unless you believe in slave labour then for me legalised brothels are a definite no-no.

Don't be shocked Rabbie. I remember watching a documentary the Women's Institute did and they went to Australia and perhaps NZ too and saw how legal brothels worked and they thought them a good idea and far better than anything we have.

If I had a daughter who was practically the slave of some awful pimp, then I think I would end up in jail for assault of worse. However, I acknowledge that some women (and men) are quite happy to get paid for their sexual services. High class call girls and men are a good example.

I won't judge them. And there is no way on earth that they will not exist, so make them legal.