He will probably need new tyres

PaulT

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29728087

Shows the value of dashboard cameras.

Remember when motorways were becoming more common place in the 60s there were public information films on how to join a motorway:

'Speed up along the slip road to the speed of the traffic and then join the motorway'.

In France it always seems to be a case of:

'Dawdle along the slip road at a speed far lower than the traffic on the Autoroute and pull out whenever you feel like it irrespective of whether there are vehicles in the inside lane'.

The car driver was mostly at fault either for not seeing the lorry or for pulling into the lane regardless, the lorry driver was also partly guilty for not properly reacting to what was very clearly about to happen and backing off to make the situation a safe as he possibly could.

It happened to my son once but that was the more common case of it being a LHD lorry with a massive blind spot down it's offside so the driver just didn't see him when he pulled right to change lanes.

I notice, too, that where originally an indicator signalled that a driver was intending to change direction when it was safe to do so it now seems to mean ''I am coming so get out of my way''.

And that hazard lights switched on seems to negate the meaning of double yellows.