Looks Like Snow!

Gardian

I have some yak trax and they are wonderful things.

The worst fall I have ever had, was straight onto my coccyx as I was on my way to meet friends in a bar, in Tignes at lunch time,  .......not on my way out. Couldn't put the things to slip on, onto my feet that week, as I was in absolute agony.

I was really glad that yak trax and the like came out, always have a pair of the simple things in my bag in winter, other wise it is the yak trax.

simple things........not expensive and work.

http://goo.gl/cUcltf

A couple of weeks ago we were sat outside a Spanish bar in the watery winter sunshine and looking at the Med, with a very nice glass of Rioja in our hands. Well, somebody has to do it!

Then we left and, via Zaragosa, travelled past Pamplona and congratulated ourselves on avoiding the snow as we headed down towards San Sebastian.Too soon! It started to come down and then the outside lane (of two) disappeared under a thin coating of snow. The ploughs/gritters on the hard shoulder remained there and as we neared the bottom of the descent the snow turned to rain. Thank goodness for that.

After a night at Urrunge we overnighted just North of Bordeaux and kicked off the next morning in minus 4.5 degrees. Bl@@dy cold but we got back to the UK without any further mishaps.

The reason for recounting our journey is that yesterday (or possibly the day before) the BBC reported heavy snow in Northern Spain with the police and army rescuing stranded motorists and then I saw what cold weather virtually the whole of France was getting. Blighty doesn't seem so bad now.