The Donald and Nigel Show

mint

[quote user="alittlebitfrench"]Not another thread about France on a French forum. LOL[/quote]

Have you never noticed that there is a section on the Forum called "Other Topics"?

Maybe the article is a bit too advanced and "difficult" for you?[I]

[quote user="mint"][url]https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/23/farage-trump-buddy-photo-ukip[/url]

Interesting times indeed....................

[/quote]

What an appalling load of tosh, Minty!

Typical Grauniad: no cliche too far; no metaphor too vague.

Worth remembering, perhaps, JFK requested his choice of Ambassador: and so did Nixon. Nixon's choice was weird, being an ex-Labour MP.

Core problem for the professional elitist political class, is both Farage and Trump are challenging and indeed threatening their cosy hegemony and incestuous long-established links with Big Biz and Big Capital. If Farage is someone Trump can work with, or as Reagan said of Mrs T, "This is a lady I can do business with!", then exploit it for all that it is worth.

Instead of sending some pretentious old Oxford clique mandarin from Whitehall, who has spent the last thirty years obstructing change and genuine progress, who would mince into the White House imagining he was far too superior to POTUS.

To which Trump would react by simply saying "Go away, you pompous clown!".

Nothing stopping Mrs May from seeking to appoint Farage as a sort of envoy without portfolio.

After all, the arch villain, Capn. Bob Maxwell, was used as an unofficial envoy to the Russian President and the Supreme Soviet, in his day.......

I disagree totally with your assessment of the Guardian article, Gluey, and also am diametrically opposed to your thinking about this unholy alliance between Trump and Farage.

Indeed, in the last few months, I have read many interesting and thought-provoking articles on Brexit and indeed on other subjects in the Guardian.  And all I used to read in the Guardian were their concert reviews .....................[geek]

[quote user="mint"]

Indeed, in the last few months, I have read many interesting and thought-provoking articles on Brexit and indeed on other subjects in the Guardian.  And all I used to read in the Guardian were their concert reviews .....................[geek]

[/quote]

Oh dear, Minty.

Next, you will be taking a life membership of the UAF, buying Doc Martins boots, dressing in cammo gear, having your head shaved to resemble a US marine, but with three shades of pink, red and blue and having the nose, ear, lip and brain piercing: plus joining the Hampstead and Islington Marxist club!

P.S. You can tell I once (UGH!!) went to the Channel 4 HQ in London, to discuss a potential prog with a young producer, who took me to lunch in the quaintly termed "Refectory" (much more Hampstead than Canteen doncha know); and there was moi, clutching my nasty fibreglass tray with its modest repast, sliding around this den of double weird , with my posterior firmly glued to the walls....

P.P.S. now you can see where my forum alias emerged from...

[:D]