Grief

richard51

The expression on the mothers face really shows true grief in one of these photos.

So many underprivileged families undergo this daily due to various forms of hatred but its never shown in the media - just a daily occurrence or another statistic justified by others defending or promoting their causes.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6992277/Sri-Lanka-terror-attack-Funeral-service-held-Asos-billionaires-three-children.html

I don't even want to look, thank you.

Seems to me just another instance of vicarious intrusion into other peoples' private lives.

That's why media interviewers, to satisfy their listeners' hunger for gory detail, ask questions like "How did you feel when you saw your 3-year-old child being run over by a bus?"

Quite right, no moss. But then our world seems to be based more and more on intrusion, sensation and a right to know.

I prefer my little village where the church bell rings when someone dies, everyone knows each other or at least, their lives and look to each other when help is needed.

“Any fool can turn a blind eye but who knows what the ostrich sees in the sand.” “If you turn a blind eye to the world now, history will turn a blind eye to you later. Ignoring an issue makes you a tacit supporter of it.”

Is the grief of a " privileged " person less than the grief of an " under-privileged" person? Maybe the grief of losing a child ( or any loved one) is the same regardless of privilege. It's not the " privileged persons fault that the media chooses to focus on their grief and not someone else's-nor that the public chooses to read it-as the OP obviously did.

Can you not see that the word civilian is somewhat pointed and the implication is that those in Gaza are not.

Trump together with the extremist Israeli government and the three biased people writing the"peace plan" are the powerbrokers.

Ideally I would wish to see no apartheid there.

I  cannot be doing with these endless conversations about the palestinians. Their population has gone up just about 78% in the last 20 years.

Limited land, poverty, according to reports yesterday...... so that percentage makes no sense to me, at all.

And none of us has the right to reproduce in excess, this planet is already well over peopled. And palestinians are perfectly intelligent human beings and they are fully aware of the conditions they are bringing their babies into.

Incidentally, their enemy the Israelis population went up 43% in the same period, which is also, in my opinion, is also terrible and not any better.

I have no intention of getting into any further discussion about this.

This was about grief and generosity in the aftermath and not your inculcations.