63-up

richard51

wooly wrote : It is on Freesat later this evening here

I've just watched episode 2 and it has been fascinating.

Due to not always having access to UK TV in the past I have not followed all the past episodes .. but I am really enjoying this series.

Is it me or do we become feistier as we grow older ?

The content is fascinating for many people not just those involved in education and child development. It is, of course, particularly relevant to those in the same age range. The first two or three series were part of my own education and I’ve watched several of the subsequent series as well. With no access to UK TV I will, unfortunately, miss this one.

Some of the subjects were pretty feisty in their youth.

Naturally, I'm unable to tell you if the content is blocked in France, as I'm not there, but it seems to be available on YouTube if you really want to watch.

At least one episode of this current batch is:

https://youtu.be/X5zDW48vnJM

Looks like previous episodes in the strand are there too. Knock yourselves out.

[quote user=" YCCMB"]Naturally, I'm unable to tell you if the content is blocked in France, as I'm not there, but it seems to be available on YouTube if you really want to watch.

At least one episode of this current batch is:

https://youtu.be/X5zDW48vnJM

Looks like previous episodes in the strand are there too. Knock yourselves out.[/quote]

Thanks.

I liked the bit about the boy who wanted to be a jockey. I was a bit like that myself, having seen the film National Velvet. I used to ride on a pony (not mine) and gallop on the hard sand at our beach, imagining I was Velvet.
I grew out of it though, went onto other things.

After watching bits and pieces of this over the years I end up with a deep sense of disappointment that those people’s lives could be so shitty, so unfulfilling, so narrow. Maybe it is the generation that is immediately post mine which had nowhere to go after the vision the world that Britain once had.

(Retires behind missile proof defences! )

This is such a fascinating series.

Sorry WB but my take is that most, and I dont want to generalise really, did make the best of what they were given.

The last guy (from Liverpool) was perhaps the most confusing for me.

IMHO the ultimate question for success is if the individuals lead a overall happy life. Easier to achieve with a privileged upbringing.

Remember the physicist farmer who went to the US. The one with presumably thyroid cancer.

His fusion research was not well funded.

Well:

https://www.world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/DOE-announces-funds-for-overseas-fusion-research

Notice the last paragraph: most of the money will go to to administrators and their ilk! The total is indeed pathetic but making weapons is much more lucrative. Good for the farmers son.