UK Government Brexit Outreach meetings for UK citizens.

Cathar Tours

[quote user="Cathar Tours"]Always the need to have the last word there nomoss, sad old fella. Why do you feel the need to go round throwing stupid comments into serious threads. Must be an age thing and a need to be recognised.[/quote]

You really are a "sad old fella" before your time, aren't you? [:D]

"I hadn't even heard of them before. Mind you down here it would probably be in Montpellier or Marseille  which I couldn't  get to on my mobility scooter"

The nearest to me is Dusseldorf which is an hour and a half drive away. There have been two and they tend to start at around six which seeing as I normally finish between five and six is not a lot of use to me. The last one was in October and I was away in the US doing some trials so I wouldn't have gone anyway.

[quote user="Cathar Tours"]"I hadn't even heard of them before. Mind you down here it would probably be in Montpellier or Marseille  which I couldn't  get to on my mobility scooter"

The nearest to me is Dusseldorf which is an hour and a half drive away. There have been two and they tend to start at around six which seeing as I normally finish between five and six is not a lot of use to me. The last one was in October and I was away in the US doing some trials so I wouldn't have gone anyway.[/quote]

An hour and a half drive? Less than 40 km on the Autobahn? It’s also a very straightforward rail trip.

There have been two BEOM in the theatre in my fairly small town. I know that the first was a sell out (free tickets but you had to use an Internet booking system) but the feedback was pretty negative, at the time they couldn’t add anything new to what the local British population already knew. The most recent was about a month or so ago and I have heard nothing about that from anyone, real or online. I can’t imagine that any groundbreaking news was shared then either.

Nearer 50km centre to centre but then that's not always correct if when driving at night with no traffic. I go to Neuss quite a bit because Toshiba produce a lot of bits for our systems and that can take an hour yet it is nearer to me, It's a bit like flying. A flight takes an hour but the journey can take three or four. I am based near Niehl across the road from the plant and Niehl is to the east of Cologne and the train takes over an hour as does driving if you take into account traffic to get to the Autobahn which is to the west.

Anyway I get weekly updates and I agree what is coming out now is more to do with EU citizens in the UK or business in general and permits for moving stuff back and forth. Not much that would be of interest to expats.

Like you say what had to be said has been said. It is interesting though to swap experiences and the English guys at work that went said they slept through most of it because they already new and the couple doing it were, well just boring.