not only for Norman

mint

although it undoubtedly is for him, but it is also for all of us who live in France[:)]

Here is the programme:

[url]https://www.arte.tv/fr/videos/087431-000-A/le-king-s-college-en-musiques/[/url]

I find it interesting to watch TV programmes about the UK in French.  Gives you another perspective and an insight into how others see us.

Not to mention it's Christmas and this features the choristers as well as slices of English history around the time when King's College was built.

And, for Norman, they are using period instruments[:)] and there is a helping of English barogue.

Thank you, mint. That was lovely. I learnt a lot about the chapel's history.

I remembered how, when my daughter was at Anglia Poly, in Cambridge, you could pop into any college chapel for Evensong on a Sunday afternoon and always hear it so beautifully sung.

My first love was the daughter of a Don at King's so I was often there at Evensong.  Despite the fact that I suspect he was a Communist he had no qualms about the  beautiful aesthetic side of the College. He also introduced me to the idea of Holidays in the Loire and always ordered a bottle of  Beaujolais in the village pub which I reckon was rather a rare thing to so in the early 60s [:D]

A very enjoyable programme this evening on Arte.  I am putting this here because I can see that there are a few of us who like topics that are not exclusively Norman's cup of tea[I]

[url]https://www.arte.tv/fr/videos/081577-000-A/les-metiers-d-art-de-la-vienne-imperiale/[/url]

All the grace and luxury and elegance of imperial Vienna with snatches of appropriate music throughout.  The making of fine jewellery, chandeliers, furniture, food and drink, etc all featured.  Wonderful architecture of Viennese buildings and some fascinating shots of the biggest and best department stores of the day including Selfridges made me smile!

Be assured that the music was not confined to Strauss waltzes[:)]

Allez les deux Angelas (Loiseau et Auxadets), I do think you'd enjoy it.  Don't know about you, but that is about the nearest I shall ever get to such luxury as the crystals, silver, china, cakes, jewels, etc shown!