UK Bank Statements postal delay

Kong

It's years since I received paper statements for my UK current accounts but I still get them for my credit card with a major high street bank. It's purely so that I can prove I have a UK account. The statement is a four page A4 letter

I've just received last month's statement dated 24 May (It's now the 17th June). The envelope Royal Mail stamp has been been overlaid with a 'Deutshe Poste' stamp.

Good thing I'm not relying on the statement for confirmation of liquidity. What a waste of time and paper and efficiency!

It’s certainly true that the post has been very erratic lately and there are I suppose some understandable reasons for this.

About a month ago, something that I sent to a Paris address took over two weeks to get there.

I too received a bank statement yesterday with a Deutsche Post sticker on it, but mine was dated 4th June, so not too bad. However, you can be sure that anything routed via Frankfurt or Schiphol will take at least a week longer than the direct method which is rarely longer than 3 days UK - France.

It’s undoubtedly a cost saving ‘send a palletload’ exercise.

When we lived in France we often had letters from banks etc posted from all over the place, including Germany.

Did it make any difference to the time scale of delivery, well, La Poste usually went from poor to a disgrace. We were on the border with another department and our son went to college across the border. 18kms away and letters, prioritaire, from the college would take 10 days. Hence we missed school meetings etc, as they only sent them out a week in advance.