for the legal beagles.

Mouliere

Just had a letter from the Prefecture re change of driving licenses This is to avoid gendarmerie problems with addresses,in the likelihood of a spot check.Cant really understand the French,babelfish cannot produce a constructive translation in any known language,but it appears that because I have 3 points marked on the license,expunged ater over 3 years, this has caused the local prefecture to hiccup,and to apparently refuse to change the license to a French one.Has anyone any more experiences of this type of thing and the way out to satisfy both sides?

We changed our licences for french ones eight years ago and my husband had three fairly new points on his british one which automatically disappeared on the new french one. I would query this with the prefecture as they may have misunderstood the british licence and just put it through for the best. I don't think they can refuse to issue you a licence though and if they do,kick up a hell of a fuss and you may be surprised how that gets things done here.

• 1 month later...
Have you tried Carrefour's Th de Chine, Earl Grey, aromatise a la bergamote, which ofcourse it should be. It is actually cheap, 1.05 for 25 bags and I quite like it. There are two versions of this now, and I always take this one as it is more expensive than the eco pack.

I only buy Twinings Lady Grey, goute Russe though.

I like the flavoured tea and a favourite for Breakfast is currently Elephant Mango and Peach Tea.

• 2 months later...
LAST EDITED ON 12-Jul-04 AT 09:14 PM (BST)

So the 1,000 or so French cheeses are not enough eh ? .QUOTE

In a word NO!!

Why is it in the UK, any supermarket sells at least half a dozen French cheeses, and I can find not one English cheese sold in any of the supermarkets I visit here in the Dordogne. A strong vintage cheddar is to die for! We have found nothing to compare in France. If anyone can recommend one, it will save us loading our visitors up with supplies.