Where has the flag gone?

IAN_S

Suddenly I have lost the French flag on the favorites entry for this site. It is back to the normal explorer logo.

I was fond of this as I could see the link very easily amongst all the other dross that I have, now I have to look closely!

Is it me or can admin alter these?

[quote]Suddenly I have lost the French flag on the favorites entry for this site. It is back to the normal explorer logo. I was fond of this as I could see the link very easily amongst all the other dross t...[/quote]

You can change the icon just like others on the desktop - just right click on the entry, then Properties, Web document and Change icon.  If there's one in the folder it should be there if not you can choose one of your own using browse.  Not sure why the original disappeared though.

Mine disappeared as well.

I got it back by deleting Living France from the favourites list, then adding it again. I used the 'organise favourites' (or whatever it's called in the English version) to put it back at the top of the list.

• 2 weeks later...

You can place any Icon you like next to your favourites. Right click on the favourite, click on Properties, click on change icon if you do not like the icons available, go to browse and find what you like. Once you have selected this way then it will not disappear from your favourites.

Baz

Having brought this up, I have to say that after deleting the entry just once and saving again seems to have done the trick.

I'm now trying to find a way of entering the site already logged in like the previous software allowed. Can one do this?

"I'm now trying to find a way of entering the site already logged in like the previous software allowed. Can one do this?"

When you first 'log in' click the 'If enabled, you will be automatically logged in again on future visits' box. If you click this box you will be able to login in future by pressing the 'login' button only and not keep filling your details out.

The session time out is set for 40 minutes so if you are not active within this time the forum will automatically log you off for security reasons.

If you are not logged in and click to reply to a message, the forum logs you on automatically again if you have previously clicked the 'If enabled, you will be automatically logged in again on future visits' box.