Topic reply notification - subject header enhancement ?

Ianhaycox

If you subscribe to a topic to receive an email when a new reply is posted the email has the subject

Living France Forums - Reply Notification

It's a useful feature I use alot, but would it be possible to include topic title in the subject header to make it much easier to decipher which mail relates to which topic.

For example,

Living France Forums - Re: French electrical regulations

then for a prolific poster it it much easier to see at a glance which topics have been to replied to and respond accordingly. It would also make the GMail conversation feature much more useful.

Any thoughts from other posters ?

That suggestion makes a lot of sense.

It's irritating to open up your email to find 6 messages from James, all with the same title, so you have no idea to what they refer in terms of forums or topics, but I have to add, it's even more irritating when you have never subscribed to the service in the first place

[quote]If you subscribe to a topic to receive an email when a new reply is posted the email has the subjectLiving France Forums - Reply Notification It's a useful feature I use alot, but would it be possib...[/quote]

The software can't differentiate between the forums at present, it's a good idea though. I'll pass it on to the chaps who make the software as something they should include as a future feature.

The notification e-mails include a very useful link to the topic. When a topic is more than one page, most forum systems this link takes you to the page containing the post the e-mail notifies you about. Is it possible for this forum to be set to do the same (particularly as it takes a fair time to load the 1st page, then to load the last page” (maybe then scrolling back if there have been more than one post crossing a page boundary).