Liz

This morning I tried to reply to a post. Usually I am automatically logged in at that point and I type my message - no problem. This morning I had to log myself in using the password and I am certain I had not previously logged out. I have just come on to the Forum again (you can't have too much of a good thing!) and found I was automatically logged in immediately. I notice there are a lot of 'Guests' about which is most unusual. It seems to me the Log In procedure has gone a bit peculiar or is it just me?

Liz (29)

Because the forum was moved on Tuesday to new, faster, servers, most users had to re-enter their registered e-mail address and password on the first occasion after that when they returned. However, with the new servers, if you have chosen to stay logged in, you will now be automatically logged in every time you visit the forum, rather than having to click on 'log in' every time. I think that's a great improvement.

I don't know how the forum counts guests. But I would agree that it's being a little economical with the truth. There were over 400 recorded at one stage yesterday

It appears that since the change of servers today, that only on the first time of entering the site that one has to sign on. The good news seems to be that any future visits if one has not signed out, you are automatically  signed  in. In other words the same as the old site.

Baz

Sorry Bill to repeat but you answered as I was responding

I was shocked too when I was asked for my password etc! But although my "favourites" page shows me as "logged in", I never was previously logged in, but on clicking on log in, it automatically logged me in. So,just now, I closed internet explorer and entered LF from the beginning, and sure enough, came straight through without having to ask for log in. Whether it is quicker for everything else, remains to be seen. I'll take a look!

"my bookmark to the forum has gone funny, worked yesterday although I did have to log on. Now it links to a page which says register by Archan nothing else"

Hi, this is because of the change of server. The forum used to be under http://www.livingfrance.com/instantforum but now is at http://forums.livingfrance.com/default.aspx so your favourites need to change, however you should still get here with the former address because a forward has been set up.