Funny faces!....

Missy

How do you put a reply on any of the Living France forums, which can be punctuated with those funny little faces as some forum members have in their posts?...

Neither my home computer nor my work one will let me do it. The only place I have managed to use these little logo-faces is at my local library on their public access computers. Come to think of it last time I was sat at a different machine and this one did not have these funny faces...

Is it to do with the programs or the machines or what?....

Somehow one can gauge the postwriters mind, as they write whatever the subject, when the funny faces are inserted which you can't do with normal punctuation...?...!...:-(?

Many thanks for any help received ! :-) !

It's not much help to you, I know, but it all seems to be part of a Microsoft conspiracy. This forum uses a Microsoft code (ASP), and you only normally seem to get the full complement of features on later versions of Windows (like XP, ME and later versions of 98) with Internet Explorer 6.

Some anti-virus or firewall programmes can interfere with the forum and stop all the features displaying. If you have a Macintosh rather than a PC you probably won't have them either. Users of other browsers apart from Internet Explorer probably won't get all the features.

A more satisfactory level of compatibility is promised with the next version of the forum software.

[quote]It's not much help to you, I know, but it all seems to be part of a Microsoft conspiracy. This forum uses a Microsoft code (ASP), and you only normally seem to get the full complement of features on l...[/quote]

Thanks Will for this! I'll put up with what I have then... :¬(!

!!!!:¬D!!!!

[quote]Is that the upgrade that we are getting last August?[/quote]

No Dick,

August was the patch to fix the upgrade on the patch that was to be upgraded before the upgrade before last which was apparently going to be done in July a month before the August upgrade but was delayed as the upgrade was supposedly a load of tosh. There was not one therefore and an upgrade in July did not arrive and the one in December came and went and still no sign of it. Easter arrived and we all sped up, apart from 95% of us on broadband who still sat and fiddled whilst we waited for threads to load but the "new" upgrade will offer us Mozilla users the all singing, all dancing stuff that the August upgrade was to bring but didn't.

If that sounds foreign James,it is just mirroring all the promises of a new dawn

[quote]How do you put a reply on any of the Living France forums, which can be punctuated with those funny little faces as some forum members have in their posts?...Neither my home computer nor my work one w...[/quote]

**How do you put a reply on any of the Living France forums, which can be punctuated with those funny little faces as some forum members have in their posts?**

We already have them . . . . check out our Avatars!!

[quote]**How do you put a reply on any of the Living France forums, which can be punctuated with those funny little faces as some forum members have in their posts?**We already have them . . . . check out ou...[/quote]

Many Thanks RayB!

Yours and Mikki and Dick and Will the Conqueror and Motorhead (who has several!) are really nice pleasant jolly funny faces!!

Can I borrow all these little funny faces when I next put a reply on a topic?...

!!!:¬D!!!:¬D!!!:¬D!!!:¬D!!!:¬D!!!:¬D!!!:¬D!!!:¬D!!!:¬D!!!:¬D!!!:¬D!!!:¬D!!

!:¬D!!!:¬D!!!:¬D!!!:¬D!!!:¬D!!!:¬D!!!:¬D!!!:¬D!!!:¬D!!!:¬D!!!:¬D!!!:¬D!!!

Phheewww! It is a hot day ahead!...

[quote]Many Thanks RayB!Yours and Mikki and Dick and Will the Conqueror and Motorhead (who has several!) are really nice pleasant jolly funny faces!! Can I borrow all these little funny faces when I next put...[/quote]

**Can I borrow all these little funny faces when I next put a reply on a topic?...**

`You have my consent! The reason for the beard and moustache is so that I don't have to look in the mirror first thing in the morning with a sharp instrument in my hand. Could be fatal! May Dick have the same feeling.