Why can't I paste (a link) on the new forum software?

Suze01

When I am creating a post there have been occassions where I want to cut a link from elsewhere and paste it onto my post but when I right-click there is no paste option on the pop-up menu. This used to work on the old forum software but since the change the facility has disappeared.  If I want to put in the link I have to manually type it which is a pain because many links are incredibly long.  I have tried using the icon 'Create Link' but it doesn't appear to do anything.

Am I doing something wrong?

To create a link, I type (or copy) the text o(r link), highlight it then click on the ball & chain icon next to the rubber icon (above) and copy or type the link in the popup. Hey presto!

PS: since the advent f the new software, I have no paste facility on right-click, so I click on edit, then paste on the main tollbar.

PPS: I use Firefox

Clair

I am not sure what  you cannot do[*-)].  I can paste into a post  as I have done here

"but when I right-click there is no paste option on the pop-up menu" 

The paste function is only greyed out in preview,  if you have not copied anything or the cursor is not inside the post space. 

Yep, 'control V' works - I don't know why I didn't think of it, I use 'control C or X or V' all the time !

Thanks Christine.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10732;78;0;1/c/182.5/t/165/s/191.5/k/f93d/weight.png[/img]

[/url]

[quote user="Ron Avery"]ClairI am not sure what  you cannot do[*-)].  I can paste into a post  as I have done here"but when I right-click there is no paste option on the pop-up menu"

The paste function is only greyed out in preview,  if you have not copied anything or the cursor is not inside the post space.[/quote]

Hi Ron

The "cut/copy/paste" options used to be available as a mouse right-click option on the previous forum software.

Now when I highlight text, right-click, I only get the option to copy (no cut or paste listed at all, not even greyed-out).

In a new text position
(having copied, now ready to paste) on right-click, there is still not paste option, greyed-out or otherwise, hence the toolbar route through edit then paste...

I've got used to it now and as I could not even create a link before, it's a small price to pay!