Notification on new posts.

Jonzjob

I have just posted a thread and when I went back to see if I would be informed of any updates on that thread I had to 'click' the Notify thingie at the top of the post. Surely if anyone posts a thread they will be expecting to be informed of a reply?

Is it possible to make this an automatic option? An opt out coud be included if thought needed, but?

John.

P.S. I will try to remember to click the Notify on this post!!!!!!!!!![^o)]

[quote user="thunderhorse"]Something is going wrong. I'm sick of unticking the email notification and the notify icon at the top of the thread, but it makes no difference. I still get the emails.
[/quote]

I think this will solve it as this is the method used for me by Forum Admin.  Go to edit your details at top of the page, at Private settings change your email address to [email protected]. I hope this works.

Baz

[quote user="Baz"]

[quote user="thunderhorse"]Something is going wrong. I'm sick of unticking the email notification and the notify icon at the top of the thread, but it makes no difference. I still get the emails.

[/quote]

I think this will solve it as this is the method used for me by Forum Admin.  Go to edit your details at top of the page, at Private settings change your email address to [email protected]. I hope this works.

Baz

[/quote]

And I just received two for Baz's post! It's getting worse, methinks. Admin!!

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to get lots of notifications for the same posting to a thread.  Are they generated by both the original posting and also if someone goes back to do an edit?  If so, folks must get an awful lot from my postings as I often go back and correct spelling mistakes or try to make what I've said make more sense!!

edit - did anyone get two emails for this posting??