Posting links using HTML

I just copy and paste a link into my message but I notice that if you use the official 'create link' button above the create message screen, it has a 'type' for the link, is that what you're looking for?  In any case, if you are using that button, you can just overtype the 'http://' bit and the link will still work.  I still think it's easier just copying and pasting the link directly though!

Did you mean like this Suzanah?

You just typeyour mail as usual, then use the mouse to select and highlight the word you want to use as a hyperlink (I used the word "this") then hit the little "Create Link" icon (just above the window where you enter your text, last-but-one on the right hand side, looks like a globe and chain).

Then type or paste in the full link address

Now you have a link, you can change the font or colour of the link to make it more obvious.

[quote user="Russethouse"]Could have been worse Debra - she might have linked to the word 'Maths' [:D][:D][:D][/quote]Nothing to be 'worse' about - I was quite pleased to realise from Cat's hint why one would actually use that button (I just paste the link and say what it is, I wouldn't have thought of doing something that clever in a simple forum posting!) but noooo - arrrggghhh - don't mention that subject!  My kids are never going to study it!  It will always be referred to as another pseudonym unless I find a decent explanation of why there is no apostrophe, rather than 'there just isn't one!'

[quote user="Debra"][quote user="Russethouse"]Could have been worse Debra - she might have linked to the word 'Maths' [:D][:D][:D][/quote]Nothing to be 'worse' about - I was quite pleased to realise from Cat's hint why one would actually use that button (I just paste the link and say what it is, I wouldn't have thought of doing something that clever in a simple forum posting!) but noooo - arrrggghhh - don't mention that subject!  My kids are never going to study it!  It will always be referred to as another pseudonym unless I find a decent explanation of why there is no apostrophe, rather than 'there just isn't one!'[/quote]

I'm going with the noun is a plural explanation, but ask Will.

Anyway, I'm only teasing [:)][:)]

[quote user="Russethouse"]

I'm going with the noun is a plural explanation, but ask Will.

Anyway, I'm only teasing [:)][:)]

[/quote]Apparently not, as there is no such word as 'mathematic'!  Nooo - I don't want to talk about it anymore!  Don't tease about it or I'll break down into tears!

Do you think the kids would be less likely to bash heads with or without the surround?  We're desperate to get one for ours but none of our gardens are big enough yet.....unless we put one at the lakes and they they'd bounce into the water for sure and then I'm back to the getting bit by the fish question again.....(and me thinking too much and being overprotective!)