Photo avatar loading problem.

I have tried to upload a picture and get this error message can anyone hepl?

Server Error in '/cs' Application.

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'UserId', table 'LCommunityServer.dbo.aspnet_Profile'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. The statement has been terminated.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'UserId', table 'LCommunityServer.dbo.aspnet_Profile'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. The statement has been terminated.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'UserId', table 'LCommunityServer.dbo.aspnet_Profile'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

The statement has been terminated.]

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream) +742

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +194

CommunityServer.Controls.EditProfile.Update_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1046

CommunityServer.Controls.EditProfile.UpdateAvatar_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +182

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +57

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1292

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

• 1 month later...
Hi Russethouse. Thanks for that, I am doing what you suggested, but it does not seem to work. Then I did the same wanting to send the photo to my son, because it would be a more "sendable" size (I have tried to send it direct from "my photoes" but it takes ages to download for the recipient)  but only the website comes up on the e-mail not the photo. Thanks for your help. You seem to be very computer literate, perhaps you could help me on that: whenever I print something on my Epson I get these red horizontal lines, I tried to clean the head, but it still happens.

I assume the avatar in question is not the picture of a house that I can see!

Have you checked that the new avatar is less than 80px high and 80px wide?  To check, click on it and look up its properties - that will tell you how big it is, among other things.  If to big you can reduce the size again in photobucket, or in photoediting software if you have some.

When you say the 'website' comes up in the email I suppose you mean the URL on the photobucket site - try copying what it says in the Image box - the third box under the image - in photobucket and pasting it in.  This should give the image url but start it with img in brackets and end it with [img].

But you may as well just (a) send the image as an attachment or (b) right click on it, copy then paste it into the body text of your email - that would be easier.

Hi Cassis, I want to replace this picture with a more recent one (this picture was one sent to us by our project manager and I was able to put it in my avatar without problems).However I followed your advice and sent our new photo to my son which worked out fine with very little downloading time. But I am just unable to replace my AVATAR. I will try again today, following your advice.

Monika, When you are typing your reply  (like I am now) you can only see the image string (img) --------------(/img}( I have put it in round brackets instead of the square ones you will see) It isn't until you actually post it that the image shows.

Does that help ?

To make your new image your avatar follow these steps:

1. Check the image you want to use for your avatar is no wider than 80px and no higher than 80px as I described (e.g. if I right click on your current avatar and hit properties I can see your current avatar is 80px by 60px so it is okay).
  2. At the top of the forum page click on your name next to 'Edit your details'.
  3. Scroll down to where it says Avatar and either:
  • upload from your computer by clicking the 'Browse' button and locating the image on your computer (make sure it's a version under 80px x 80px)
or

• paste or type in the image URL as shown in Photobucket (the first box under the photobucket image, called 'URL').
That should work.