PM and email failures

Gardengirl

[quote user="gardengirl "]Right, received your PM Sweet, but my reply wouldn't send.

I sent you both PMs, which wouldn't send...

Cat sent me a PM to test my end, but I couldn't then post back to her using the PM button. Waiting for next move.

GG[/quote]

You cannot reply to a PM from the notification you receive. To reply to a PM, you need to go to your own PM box.

There is no "send" button.

Click on the message to read it, click on "Reply", type your reply and click on "Post" when you've finished.

That's it.

Thanks Clair. The original problem has been in trying to use the PM and email buttons under posts on the forum. These have always worked in the past, up to a couple of days ago.

When I said 'post' in the message you quoted, I just used the wrong word.

I didn't try to send from a notification, I've only tried clicking the 'reply' as you mention above.

Neither email nor PM buttons under messages are working, including replying to the one Cat sent.

GG

[quote user="gardengirl "]Because people didn't receive them![/quote]

More likely they were sent to people who don't undetstand what a PM is perhaps?  Or how to reply to them.  I sent a PM to someone who replied by starting a new PM, rather then replying to my PM.

• 4 weeks later...

After no problems for about a month, with a number of messages sent ans received, I'm again experiencing problems with both PM and email buttons. [:(]

I had 3 postmaster delivery notifications last night; one at 21.16 and two at 23.42. I was using the buttons under posts on the forum. When using the PM button, the message didn't disappear as normal, when a 'your PM has been sent' would usually appear. When using the email button, it appeared that they had been sent, only to receive a delivery failure notice later.

Anyone else having these problems?

[quote user="Cendrillon"]I have just tried to send an e-mail to Garden Girl, it was immediately returned with a  failure notice, same thing has happened in the past few weeks sending emails to another forum member.[:(]

[/quote]

Once again tried to send an e-mail to Garden Girl this week and the same thing happened![8-)]

It's really strange, Cendrillon. I'm receiving emails all the time, including stacks from our sons and friends about Christmas, visits etc, plus orders for Christmas from businesses. I began to suspect this computer was ill earlier and rebooted; no better. Then I had a problem with another forum, but a message has now come up on there that they're having technical problems and it should be fixed shortly. However, I'll have a try on the other laptop as OH is fixing floorboards.