Knighthoods

Miki

"Your wrong mysfloss magabwe was trained by zanu who where trained by the chinese/cubans and reds.The labour govn under wilson was the dick in charge at the time which explains everything about the mess out there now,a bit like blair today.Our friend adi amin was the despot trained by the brits.Being a sanction breaker at the time it was quite hetic.Nice reading this thread by the armchair criti"

Hmm. Seems familiar, the garbling of the noble bard's tongue... 'Michael' this time.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote]You are having a larf, trained by Zanu ! that was the name of the group he formed himself after departing Nkokomo's lot (Zapu, who of course, he helped from also) and, who in the end Mugabe attacked a...[/quote]

Wrong miki, oh armchair critic.Zanu was formed by Ndabaningi Sithole,Magabe joined later.Joshua Nkomo formed zapu after splitting with sithole.Matabele and mashona do not mix to well ,[a bit like some people on this thread.]you must really try to get your facts right and stop being a nasty little man.and i will try to improve my spelling.

[quote]"Your wrong mysfloss magabwe was trained by zanu who where trained by the chinese/cubans and reds.The labour govn under wilson was the dick in charge at the time which explains everything about the me...[/quote]

Thanks Dick . I like your sixties beard ,where is your bushhat.

[quote]Wrong miki, oh armchair critic.Zanu was formed by Ndabaningi Sithole,Magabe joined later.Joshua Nkomo formed zapu after splitting with sithole.Matabele and mashona do not mix to well ,[a bit like some...[/quote]

Granted oh sofa critic, that the Rev Sithole was a founder but, just as much involved and some say more so, was Mugabe.

The facts in this case being, that you stated that Zanu trained up Mugabe, what rubbish. The rest of your comments are pretty obvious if you look at the history of those different groups.

So far from being nasty or as in your case, simply having another little flame, you have had another side put to your posting but I can't do much about your spelling, sorry but there is a spell check available now.

[quote]Hi,. Assume we have finished talking about knighthoods now?????? Nice to see that some people have taken time out to (A) Create a new forum identity and (B) Marshall a well thought-out, coherent, fl...[/quote]

Blimey Penny !

Not only had I forgotten what the thread was about, thanks to certain people but, I found out I started it !!

No, I agree let's get back to the thread and perhaps we can all (well a few of us !) send off to the Hon Sec (address supplied earlier by Dick Smith) and get a little something put right.

Arise Sir Jimmy and Sir Lester........................roughly where we came in I reckon.

And if you are going to do it, don't hang about - the civil service doesn't exactly leap, greyhound-like, from the traps. Also. I forgot to say, it may take 1 or 2 'goes' - i.e. if you put someone up now, they may get a gong in about a year, not in the next honours list. People who are retiring are looked at carefully, better to put an application in before rather than after ("lifetime achievement" stuff), and of course anyone who looks unlikely to survive much longer.

Also - going back to the original theme ... the belief that Mark's mother suitably enobled her husband in order to ensure that her beloved (but otherwise TOTALLY unremarkable) son would be perceived as something approaching an important person ...

I understand that the independent-thinking MP (and current Father of the House)Tam Dalyell and the envioronmental campaigner Jonathan Porrit are also baronets but do not use the "Sir" appendage - because they did not earn them.

I wouldn't mind a knighthood, though, I might get better service in shops ...

Then there is the story of the woman with 15 children. The newspaper reporter suggested that her husband should get a knighthood. "He's got one," replied the woman, "but he never uses it."