Removal Recommendations

Ssc

Hi All,

We are moving from near Bristol UK to Creuse 23 around November.

Do any of you have experiences of good and bad removal companies. We have the contents of a 4 bed house to move so cannot use companies that only have smaller lorries. I think we will need a full size removal lorry.

I am sure that positive comments can be posted here. Please PM me with any companies to avoid

Thanks - Tony

We used a company called Hunts of Redditch for our move from London to SW France. They were very efficient, helpful and reasonably priced. They delivered a small amount of our stuff to the furnished place we were renting within a week and once we had bought our own house they delivered the rest of our belongings. We packed ourself so I can't comment on their packing service but they were careful throughout the move and I don't think anything broke, although there are still some unpacked boxes lurking!

Jane

We used Doree Bonner (0800 289541 - www.doreebonner.co.uk)   Very competitive pricing - including they did the packing which is such a stress saver - they came and packed when they said they would, they stored it all for us while we found the house we wanted and then they delivered it all to us in La Creuse when we asked them to - and all with a smile - I have no qualms about recommending them to anyone.

We're moving from Cardiff and using FC Brooks and Sons (Caerffilli) - they came highly recommended and we are happy so far but haven't moved (that's tomorrow!) - they're phone number is 029 20 888881.

Also I had a quote from Brittons Removals who are based Exeter way, very competitive quote and they were nice to deal with (01803 825222).

Other companies that were recommended to me were:

Anglo French - 01233 1959173

Movers International. http://www.moversinternational.co.uk

Whites in Bournemouth 01202 576514

Hope that helps and good luck