Alerte

Teamedup

One of the major cheap phone call providers is canvasing for new clients at the moment, in centre commerical and town centres. If they are given your phone number they will then call you. Even if you refuse what is on offer,  they then (at least in one case), send out documents......... unfortunately if you do nothing about this unsolicited correspondance, this company states that if they don't hear from you within a very short amount of time, they will then take it that you  agree to their proposal and they will contact France Telecom and have your line use changed over to them.

Sounds a bit like what is happening in the UK with gas companies etc. However, I imagine any company doing this is not welcome in any country.

Overweight a bit and certainly feel dead today after some vin rouge at 11.30 last night,couldn't even see my hands in the pitch black on the way home. No, was listening to our Reader's Digest Elvis record collection which we have had since the 1970's and still enjoy. Sad I know,but you get days when you need to some easy listening.

TU. Mentioned this telephone business to a friend yesterday who said she had been approached here. She has taken no notice because as she said,they cannot change/terminate your agreement with France Telecom without a signature and that they are breaking the law. You can report them to the equivalent of the consumers association who will then make a complaint. She said too that these companies prey on people by using scare tactics that would not stand up in a tribunal.