Eeeek - Snow in Limoges!

zeb

Felt a bit nippy here in the Charente ce soir so peeked at TPS Meteo and it's forecasting snow in Limoges tomorrow. Not a million miles from me!

Get those woollies on you lot over there and have a hot toddy by the woodburner.

Courage..........helen

Ah Snow. I remember that: it's the white stuff they get up North.

We get it sometimes here, Usually overnight but it's normally gone by 11.00am.

I rushed out to take this pic a few years ago : http://tlp.netfirms.com/newphoto10.htm

Peter

Well much to our surprise we had a little snow overnight and we also have a little snow falling now (9:15 am). No snow this early last year.

Luckily we keep ourselves stocked up on food and warming liquid as a slight snow last year blocked the road. Log fire on, and the realisation that temperature has gone from high teens to cold and snow in about 2 weeks, probably be high teens in a fortnight. 1,500 feet up so we may not be typical.

No shade, no shine, no butterflies, no bees
No fruit, no flowers, no leaves, no birds! -- No-vember!
Thomas Hood (1799-1845)

Oh no! We are only an hour North of Limoges. Yet we are sitting here without the fire lit and with the radiators on so low they are barely warm. Strange! I'll let you know what happens tomorrow though. (We didn't see a flake of snow at all last Winter)

Linda

Hi

We are near Confolens - no snow (yet!) but cold and wet. HOWEVER farmer friends of ours had a rep visit today who had come from Limoges and reported 2cm of snow and still falling! Didnt believe them - now am not so sure.

Anyone in Limoges who can substantiate this rumour???!!!

Helen

We've driven Paris/Perigord at various times during the last two winters and have seen snow on the hills along the A20 for much of the way through the Limousin.  In fact, we narrowly avoided road closure earlier on this year as a result.  And driving that stretch through the stunningly beautiful Monts d'Ambazac even in summer it can be jolly cold when you stop and get out of the car.  How high is Limoges?  Somehow snow there doesn't surprise me at all.  M