4 day weather forecast back

Iceni

Meteo France have reinstated the 4 day weather forecast. You can see the weather, broken down into morning, midday and night for the whole of France, and then click into your region and do the same. I do find them more reliable than the other forecasts which are supposed to come from their weather feed.

Even the local weather report has been extended to 2 days (by local I mean town by town).

http://www.meteofrance.com/FR/index.jsp

I don't know if I dare say it, but perhaps we are going to miss the flooding this autumn???????

When they withdrew it I wrote to them with my thoughts. I got an individual response and I had the distinct impression from what they wrote that I was far from the only person to express an opinion to them.

More recently they commissioned some “market research agency” to carry out an e-mail survey (I got included following the e-mail I sent them). It was a pretty minimal web based survey (Are you a boy or girl, few silly questions like that, then “Should the forecasts be free ?” – maybe I exaggerate a bit but it was not very deep).

I guess this is the results of the survey. They departmental based longer range forecasts seem to be chargeable still.

One problem with such an “experiment” is how do you stop it in a tidy manner. There will have been some people who have paid money for access, so do you refund then, just let their funds run-out, etc. ?

I always used to use Meteo France (before the charging). The charging prompted me to find other sites which are pretty good. Meteo France always seem a bit pessimistic in their forecasts (they err to the side of “Its going to rain”).

When Meteo decided to start charging, I moved to www.accuweather.com which gives daily and extended forecast, about 15 days and also hourly forecasts. It has been accurate for Limoges for the past couple of months. I do hope that Meteo has shot itself in the foot so maybe other sites may learn the lesson.

I've got my own meteo france, the******ral on the top of the church spire across the road, never fails when it is in certain directions. Today here in normally gale-swept north west 29 it is reading 20°C on the outside thermometer, can't moan about that for the back end of November can we!

We changed to fr.weather.com when meteo started charging, also does 15 day forecasts and a good world service.

Can anyone tell me  why c*o*c*o is a rude word? Reply to her, without doing the asterix thing, and it looks like you're swearing at her.

The sneaky b*******s!  I only recently subscribed to them for a whole year because they had stopped doing the four day forecast   Now I get 10 days, but I really only need to know four days ahead at the most and anyway, the weather can change so much that the 10 day one is not much cop anyway.  I feel swindled

I have used www.weatherchannel.com in the past but found that meteoconsult was always more accurate and went into more detail.