New law for contracts with assurance etc.,

Alexis

I missed a bit of this when it was on the telly last night and if it is in the paper today I will correct this post.

Apparently, a new law has been passed which comes into action in July which 'forces' insurance companies, mobile phone renters etc, to write to the user saying that their yearly contract is nearly over and would they like to continue with their insurance etc.  The user has 20 days to decide.

This will end the insurance palaver of cancelling two months before the due date with registered letters.  I believe people have a lot of trouble with cancelling Chanel + too.

I do hope you are right Alexis.

Cancelling many things can be a nightmare here. They can send bills out and claim 100% arrive, so no saying it didn't, you must simply pay up and look big and sometimes to include the penalty as well.

Then on the other hand, you must send lettre reccomendée and have it signed as being accepted if you want to cancel anything or they can simply say it never arrived. That has always p****d me off.

I tried to cancel a phone contract by email with full details etc and ticked it to get them to acknowledge reciept, they did and then said they needed the lettre rec. etc. I then sent the obligatory letter and they still billed me an extra 2 months even though it clearly states that by doing it the way I did it wouild mean no more to pay. Then there is the trying to complain !

Hear hear.

It's always amazed me that the French put up with such ludicrously bad treatment in this sort of thing.   Glad to hear there's someone somewhere whose mind is open enough to realise that the concept of "change-for-the-better" exists.

Yo, might get the chance to change insurers and not have to deal with the dragon who answers their phone!