Pucette. Where has she disappeared to?

Out of interest, apart from banal reasons like losing interest or moving on in some way, does anyone know why people quit the forum? I can understand leaving a general one but a forum dedicated to a special interest would seem to inspire a great deal of loyalty, keeping people committed. yet there does seem to be quite a turnover.

Also, do the long term members feel the forum has changed much in direction, tone or in any other way? I first came on a few years ago then quit as had temporarily left France. Now, returning,I have noticed that there seems a greater willingness to attack posters personally rather than argue out issues.

Or is it these bottle glass spectacles!

Good that somebody asked. A number of good people whose opinions I disagreed with but valued have disappeared over recent years.

Quite a number of us have enquired.  I'm personally very sad that Pucette stopped posting - feel it's like losing a friend you see regularly - but acknowledge that people move on.

But I agree, where do people disappear to?  I've toyed with posting such a question.  Anyone remember "samm" and those unforgetable invariably spot on one liners, always in lower case, never a capital letter to be seen.  And how about "Les Jongleurs" and their hens, are they still out there somewhere?   

Like Tag I often wonder why people stop.  Many are, I know, permanently put off by what they see as the sometimes agressive tone of the arguments on here.  Other ex-members tell me they can't stand the constant moaning (where?).  Then there are people who, I guess, just want to do different things, are no longer interested.  Or "grow out of it" I can hear critics saying! 

Can't remember when I first found the Forum, mid 2000, I think.  I would say, if anything, it's better now especially as there are so many more members and more people posting, it was very small then, 400/500?  I remember when we broke through the 1000 mark, it felt as though all the world had joined.  There have always been heated debates.  I'll never forget the furore over the price of supermarket chickens soon after I joined.  I remember thinking, these people are crazy to get so het up over the price of poultry.  As you can see, nothing changes.

M

This forum and one other are the only ones I will look at these days. One in particular and the types posting on there and their really stupid questions/nasty replies made me very cynical and feeling quite bitter when I went on their every time so my husband told me to leave it alone and just go on the other two. It has worked because since not visiting that site,I have felt a lot better and know that the majority of the posters on this site are intelligent francophiles,not just troublemakers who put you down at the first bit of intelligent info you take trouble to post in reply to a question. As for Pucette, maybe she was upset in the same way by people coming on here for short bursts and causing upset and then disappearing again. I have missed her input along with several other regulars who were always on here last year.