New Look Living France

What's new  ?

ok a new logo  so what

and different borders  on some of the pages

found it    whats new  2 page adverts

Its still the same good reading full of advice mag as before .The new look is only  cosmetic .

Andy.F, sorry to disagree but couldn't disagree with you more on this one. I found it to be very different and a very good change indeed. I just finished reading the new look LF, I loved it! I must admit for the past year or so I haven't enjoyed it as much as I did early on. I found that I could thumb through it in no time and didn't find some of the articles that interesting. Well, this one I thoroughly enjoyed and it took me hours to read all of the interesting articles. Of course I loved the section on Dordogne but I may be a bit prejudice with having a second home there and being madly in love with the place. In any case, well done, looking forward to next month's issue.

There have certainly been quite a lot of changes - some of which are noticeable to the readers, others, more subtle, may only be picked up by those of us involved in magazine publishing ourselves. Certainly, with three France-related magazines in the same stable, I can understand the need to give each a distinct identity, so although there is a synergy between them all become clearly aimed at a slightly different sector of the target market.

I think one of the most significant changes in Living France is the obvious desire to encourage reader feedback and involvement through asking questions and recounting their own experiences. Something which I suspect may not be entirely unconnected with the success of this forum?

• 5 weeks later...

"although there is a synergy between them all become clearly aimed at a slightly different sector of the target market."

Will, would love to hear more on this, presumably you're talking about France Magazine and the Channel 4 publication?  I only know the former, not the latter but how do you think the target audience differs between the three?  It would be very interesting to hear your professional views on this.

Incidentally, I couldn't help noticing in the May edition that approaching half LF is taken up with adverts.  Realise they are the vital to any magazine's existence and assume they are evidence of its popularity but is there a point at which the publishers say, "OK, that's it, no more ads"?

Margaret

• 4 weeks later...