La Redoute website DOWN

Lori

Why is it on the first day of the big Summer sale at La Redoute, the website just simply doesn't work. First I tried to place my order at 8:15 a.m. this morning. Screen says the site will be operating today at 9 a.m. Okay, I go about my business getting kids to school. Go back at 9:20 a.m. see the opening page noting the sale ... okay, go to put my order in and a server error page comes up. I can't sign-on, order, or even LOOK at the items on sale.

Go away figuring I will try later. Come back at 9:50 a.m. to see a page that states the sorry, website not available at this moment, please try again later (in French of course, but I type faster using English). So, go back around 10:15 a.m. and now the screen is back to the we'll be open at 9 a.m. today. !!!!

Why is it these things ALWAYS seem to happen here?? It seems the only thing reliable is to know that not much is reliable. And, I don't really want to spend .34 cents per minute to phone in my order. I did try, but after about 6 minutes on hold, I gave up !!!

All this to try to spend some money !

Apparently that is EXACTLY what happened. I spent two hours trying to key in my order (26 items). Then, when I finally got it all entered and ready to check-out, they turned off the website stating they were being inundated and couldn't cope. Said to phone in the order !!!

Maddening. Similar things apply when using Credit Agricole's website - try emailing them a question using their "contact us" icon. You will never hear from them. Same thing when contacting Cegetel when our Internet server was not working. Called via telephone and was told I would receive a call from a "technicien" within 72 hours. They called 10 days later - had already remedied the problem. Hey, at least they called, that is more than I can say for most..

Wife is now waiting to get back online, she tried just after midnight last night to be told the site would not open unil 9 am. i took the kids to school this morning and she sat for about 40 minutes and got nowhere, we had to go out so she gave up in the end and is waiting to try again tonight