Holidays

Its here ........near the end.

>>Bon, you better watch the film fissa fissa now to redeem yrselves, not a good way to start the year mes enfants ! La Tourangelle: E+ for your effort tout de même and your candour. TU: très spirituel tout cela but when will you decide to knuckle down and be serious for a minute, huh ? Your potential is right up there with the bestest, do not waste your best years. L'animal, it was very commendable of you to obliquely assist your beleaguered peers but I'm afraid your subtle clues are way above their heads at the minute. You'll lose credits for that in the future. Ray, you'll have to resit the WHOLE Key Stage in the cultural section. The rest: U minus. Where are the rest BTW ? Where's Miki, I'm sure he signed in this morning, still hiding behind the radiator ?

Allez, tout <<

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mais qu'est-ce que c'est qu' ce foutoir dans cette classe ! It's Anarchy now ! I've got one who hides behind radiators (what have you done to that radiator anyway? it's pissing water now) but pretends he was never here, got one who thinks it's dead funny (n'est-ce pas M. Russet ?), got another one whose sole contribution is to tell me that I am an iceberg (yes, you Mr Ray, I heard you distinctly. What ? You said I was a 'nice borg', and what does that mean exactly Mr Ray a 'nice Borg' ? Nothing yes, that's what I thought), another one who moans that she can only do Grammar or Syntax or what have you (Life is not a bed of Proses, Miss Tourangelle), another derangée who seemingly cannot contain her urges, and my best pupil now (who should be in the TETARD section anyway !) who thinks she is a cat ! Well, you gonna have a shock if that's how you've decided to start your final Year here ! For starters, all priviledges abolished ! L'Animal, you come back with this group NOW, it won't bring back more discipline or common sense but maybe, maybe will help to raise the appalling general level. We'll have a big mixed-ability group instead, tant pis, some will benefit, you'll just have to show solidarity bon sang ! Let's go back to the simple translation task that NO-ONE's bothered to do ! The sentence to translate was:

Eh ben, avec vous, sûr que y'a du pain sur la planche ! Cette année, c'est pas gagné !

And you haven't got all day hein ! I want that fini by 4 PM

[quote]Mais qu'est-ce que c'est qu' ce foutoir dans cette classe ! It's Anarchy now ! I've got one who hides behind radiators (what have you done to that radiator anyway? it's pissing water now) but pretends...[/quote]

** You said I was a 'nice borg', and what does that mean exactly Mr Ray a 'nice Borg' ?**

Re: Your (and Paris' motto)

Good Mooning -

Don't vouse reccomember? The Tintiniac bumped one of them flucting things and sonk!

Nom d'un foie de morue, mais ils se rebellent les zouaves ! My sentence's changed ? Well that hasn't stopped you indécrottable lot from NOT doing it ! et Silence dans les rangs quand je m'étrangle ! Seeing as you lot love pre-war French cinema, and since we've visibly have had lots of success with our Hôtel du Nord (see how it multiplied !), the long-awaited sequel now: however good and famous and blah di blah, the film Hôtel du Nord is NOT considered the best pre-war Carné film though, which (classic) film can legitimately claim that distinction ? Bon, I suppose I'll have to give you 'till tomorrow morning for this one, granted but no messing about !

Once again, noone cares Vraititi...  If you mean another film by Carné, could it be "Les Enfants du Paradis"?

No, I take that back before you return from work, it was not pre-war.

It must be "Quai des Brumes", "t'as de beaux yeux tu sais",

or do you mean "Le Jour se Lève" ?

(One of my favourites is "Les Visiteurs du Soir").

Quai des brumes, Le (1938)

Directed by
Marcel Carné

Writing credits
Jacques Prévert (scenario and dialogue)
Pierre Dumarchais (novel)
 (more)

Add to MyMoviesIMDbPro Professional Details

Genre: Drama (more)

No-one cares ? Must admit, the thought did cross my mind, but nah, can't be that surely, must be my online teaching persona that users find a turn-off. So, L'Animal, with your special touch, I hereby appoint you Culture Supremo and La Tourangelle will be Grammar Marshal in my absence bicoz as of next Monday I'll be back to work pretty much FT (as I've taken on more work this yr) and just won't have time to post on here.

Et ouais, 'Quai des Brumes', mon favori, le chef d'oeuvre, comment oublier les dialogues de Prévert ? Comment oublier Gabin et Morgan ? Bien joué L'Animal, amuse-toi bien pendant mon absence, et déconne pas hein, I want them exam-ready by the time I come back next July !

Putaing, j'en ai ma claque de ce poster d'Hotel du Nord stalking us, why did I start this foutue thread, hein ? Ben ouais, j'vais pas faire le *** (le cru ? le cad ? le dur ? le ouf ? -which one ?). I should be able from time to time to winch myself out of this teaching quagmire business to unwind a bit and post on here, quoique, j'sais pas trop qui ça peut intéresser encore mes divagations par les temps qui courrent. Trouble is I've taken on too much this coming year, it might be my last year of proper work or thereabouts and I need all the dosh I can get if I want to live in Paname in the future; putaing, les prix ont pris un coup de chauffe par la-bas je te dis pas, va falloir s'exiler en banlieue bientôt merde, enfin j'exagère, on est pas des sauvages tout de même. Bon eh, j'rigole hein, attention, pas mal de banlieues sont très bien, mais bon pour un titi de Menilmuche c'est hardos à admettre quoi, ça fait pas sérieux quoi. Mieux vaut s'exiler au fin fond du Morvan, l'avantage c'est que tout le monde croit que t'es mort.