To anyone who cares.

[quote user="KatieKopyKat"]No I meant it.  Next time Twinkle gets up my back I will tell her straight.  Be off with you woman and take Tresco and Furry Knickers with you.[/quote]

Sorry Ms Kat, however funny you try to be Miki has won the cup this evening! (see rosbifs).

Having said that, we were planning on ditching you anyway.

Gay. Thanks very much. I got your pm.

Oh not them again. It's the most poorly designed site I have ever seen. Apparently they ban you on the spot if you say so much as.... no let's not go there, lets thank our lucky stars. And I really mean that.

If Ty looks in again,

I hope you are happy back gardening for a living after a nightmare winter in some sort of hellish factory.

Hello there,

Monday... Sunny and dry. Medical at St Brieuc and then I saw a French client with 3 houses on a building site who wants lawns putting down.

I drove my van into a pothole of mud so deep and sharp that it twanged off my bumper and so I had to be pulled out by two roofers working nearby.

The client wouldn't help as he was all suit and Merc...

Yesterday pop riveting bumper in the rain and then a devis for large works I am unlikely to get...

Rain again today... Must go out and face the brambles, mud and damp or its back to the factory/workhouse for me...

Oh... and I must remember to feed myself today...

My biggest enemy is my motivation....

Mochas, I was 99. 999999 % sure, but thanks for the clarification  

Ty, what can I say?.

After the brambles mud and damp are dealt with you'll feel a bit better. One day one of those big Devis will turn into a real big paid job,and so it goes, bit by bit

It sounds pretty grim at the moment, but I remember you saying elsewhere there were some good things about the workhouse, if you do need get some squids in fast  (and think of all those new swear words).

Chin up!

Ty (and I say this despite the insults I have had from you on the forum and by PM) - you have got the right attitude, even if it seems all merde at the moment. Another English guy I know in France had terrible knockbacks, lost his house and his business but had the balls to start again - like the Kipling, 'if you can start again from your beginnings and never breathe a word about your loss' etc.

The point is that he carried on because he loves living in France, been here 15-20 years, put down proper roots etc. I get the same feeling from you. I'm sure that with your attitude you'll make it in the end. Good luck.

>Edit< Interesting, the forum software turns French shit into asterisks as well as English shit...<

The forum softare can be a bit restrictive. For instance, we  had a forum member called coco  (who has now changed her name for other reasons)  whose name was  asterixed  out.

I never got to the bottom of that!

Also, Alcazar, who comes from a town in England called Scunthorpe, used to get  his references to that place asterixed as well.  He got  frustrated about that, and rightly so.

I think these things can be worked out with Admin now, because of the new software, whereas  with previous software it was harder. 

As to the French swear words etc, I only know a few fierce ones, and I would avoid them here. 

[quote user="Tresco"]

The forum softare can be a bit restrictive. For

instance, we  had a forum member called coco  (who has now

changed her name for other reasons)  whose name was 

asterixed  out.

I never got to the bottom of that!

[/quote]

'Coco' is french slang for a commie (communist) - maybe that was why?  Just a guess - does seem a little extreme though...

Hastobe