Betty Ford for forum users

I first joined this forum about a fortnight ago and have become slowly addicted.  Viva recently likened me to becoming part of LF furniture which has started to worry me (the truth hurts).  Every moment of free time I have I fight with the kids to get them off the computer.  In work the big cheese has caught me on a number of occasions scrolling down the active threads.  Today my husband has told me if I dont get off he is going to the pub (am I driving him to drink?)  He thinks I am doing a bit of online banking.  I lie awake thinking about what I am going to say to whoever.  I am getting out of bed one hour earlier to see who has said what. If I post a thread and it has been replied to my heart starts pounding "Is it friend or foe"  It really is getting sad. In 'face to face world' its all easy come easy go for me.  Please tell me youre all just as sad to help me feel better.  Or you can tell be to sling my hook and have pleasure in knowing I will lose sleep thinking of a nasty reply to make[:@]

It can be addictive. Lot's of people who join a forum for the first time say similar things.

I don't think it's a good thing, not the way you describe it.

Can't say more  as I've got to go and help and help a neighbour find his Toe, which he has mislaid in a field somewhere.

Thanks Tresco.  That makes me feel a little bit more normal but it really is a lovely little world on here.  Anyway I am going to ban myself for one month and have some therapy and catch up on two weeks of cleaning and ironing.  See you in the spring xxx

[quote user="KatieKopyKat"]Thanks Tresco.  That makes me feel a little bit more normal but it really is a lovely little world on here.  Anyway I am going to ban myself for one month and have some therapy and catch up on two weeks of cleaning and ironing.  See you in the spring xxx[/quote]

Bet you're back b4 that?

Alcazar

Forum addiction begins to be really serious when you join more and more

forums and finally can't keep up to date with your replies and ignore

food and sleep. I read of someone who died of exhaustion and was found

slumped over his computer with uneaten meals beside him.  Don't

try to give up cold turkey - try the 12 steps. The first one: admit you

have a problem which you can't fight alone etc etc. from Pat , a fellow

addict.