Whose avatar do you like best?

Yes, I got them from a site that had thousands of pictures of dull things, all in the public domain.

It was rather fascinating to see that someone had taken the trouble to compile all these pics of collanders, telephone directories (I kid you not), tailors dummies and origami patterns.

Edit: I was being sarcastic then, but the boots were exciting. [6]

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you might like to adopt this one Tresco.  If you & Furry Knix are interested in starting an orphanage for these little mites I think I might be able to provide you with quite a few.  I know where to look now you see.

Her name is Gemma and she likes  reading. She has 26 brothers & sisters.  She was fine when I asked her if I could post her photo on the forum.

Tresco averts her eyes from that smorgasbord of whatever it was. That HAS to be illegal, morally, I mean, what with it giving so much joy .[:-))]

Twinkle, I'm not that daft!*

That fella looks like trouble to me. Offer it to Ian Horn...or someone [6]

*furrynix is though, except he's a teeeny bit predjudiced against fake/flock rabbits. I've tried to talk him through it, but he just can't take his eyes off Wills little doggie (see how I cunningly brought it back to favourite Avatars?).

[quote user="Dick Smith"][IMG]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f338/dick_at_aulton/StHilaire40609.jpg[/IMG]

Not much of a picture, but I do own the copyright.
©R Smith MMVI All Rights Reserved Innit?
[/quote]

Are you sure you're not advertising an RSP (Rubber Service Provider) there, Dick?  You want to be careful, unless you own the boot-production company yourself.  Which you may indeed do, but either way, under the guidelines of the forum, you could be up a gum tree.  With your gumboots.

Interesting new avatar, though.  I think it looks Yorricky, and the hand is making it say "Alas, poor Miki, I knew him, Horatio.  A fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy".

An interesting thought, SB, does the inclusion of a trademark in a photograph mean that permission needs to be sought before publication? And does the Wellesley family or whoever have trademark rights on the name Wellington?

I like the avatar. It has that wistful look of one who knows that the good times are over and there is only gruel to look forward to for breakfast.

I should warn you, though, that the rules now forbid the discussion of any aspect of forum administration in a public post, so please be careful. I wouldn't want to see you get into any trouble.

[quote user="FurryKnickers"]

Mr Smith,

your new picture looks like Prince Charles being stuffed into a giant brillo pad.

[kiss]

[/quote]

If ever I end up in prison FK, please send me one of those in a cake every day!

Are you coming back from the Isle of Wight soon?  Mrs. Tresco keeps sending me PMs asking how much longer she has to wait for her Ploughman.  I think she is quite excited...   [:$]

"The world is so empty if one thinks only of mountains, rivers and cities; but to know someone here and there who thinks and feels with us, and though distant, is close to us in spirit - this makes the earth for us an inhabited garden."

Hastobe has got a good Avatar. [:)]

It seems to be a fake duck taped to a wall with Duck Tape.

I can't help wondering how FurryNix will deliver on his promise to bring a ploughman back for me. Still, he's only let me down once before. [;-)]

Fantastic! There it is! [:-))]

All the ducks are running around as usual here. One of them ran into our garden today.

Comical, aren't they, when you approach them and they take exactly the same number of steps back, as you take forward?