Vehicle from Holland to France

Suninfrance

It doesn't matter whether the vehicle comes from Holland or the UK, it's still the same procedure, get a European certificate of conformity from the vehicle manufacturer, a C.T if the car is over 4 years old, a Certificate Fiscal to say that the VAT has been paid, then go the Prefecture/sub Prefecture with all your documents, passport/proof of residence/EdF bill etc, for the Carte Grise, the details have been posted on the forum many times

Thanks Les

'Scuse me for being a bit thick but where do you get the European Certificate of Conformity.  Can they get it through VW in France or does it have to be from Holland.

Certificate Fiscal may be difficult as I believe they brought it second hand from a friend.  Will have to find out if they have that particular piece of paper.

European Certificate of Conformity, they can get it from VW, either France or Holland it maybe easier to get it in France, normally VW will make a charge for it, approx €100/150. the Certificate Fiscal you obtain from the Local tax office in France it's just a formality for a second hand car, any bit of paper that says I Purchased the vehicle from "**********" for €******* dated and signed by someone will do to take along to the tax office to get the certificate, and it is free.

If you can't find the full details from a search on this site let me know and I will try and post them for you. 

Thanks for the information Les, I'll pass it on. 

I can't do a search on the site as since I installed my new Firewall and Anti-Virus, I don't get the whole website - including peoples names, control panel or search facility.  Symantec are "working on it" !!!!

So if you could post the details to me I would be grateful.

Thanks

Jan

I would think you will often find it cheaper to get the cert of Conf at Les Mines (DRIRE).

Most cars we have registered we have not even had to have a bill of sale for the car to offer the Hotel des Impots and it has not been an issue but I think it might be just as well to have a letter of sale.

The list of items you will need to re-register the vehicle as far as I remember.

Documents to take Hôtel Des Impôts to get the Certificate Fiscal

Original vehicle registration document (log book) or export certificate

Proof of residence EDF /Telecom bill

Passport

Mileage of vehicle

Proof of purchase, as discussed earlier

Documents to take to the Prefecture/sub Prefecture

Certificate of European Conformity

Original vehicle registration document (log book) or export certificate

Certificate Fiscal (from Hôtel Des Impôts)

Proof of residence EDF /Telecom bill

The completed form, you can get one online

http://www2.equipement.gouv.fr/formulaires/formfiche.asp?IdFormulaire=10&NumFormulaire=10672

You can also get one in the Prefecture/sub Prefecture

There is a difference... you must export the car FROM Holland, that means visiting the RDW and getting termporary export plates - this will remove the vehicle from the Dutch Taxation system.

At the appointment (where you take the ownership papers and your current registration plates) you will be given the temporary registration number written on a registration plate sized piece of plastic which can be fitted to the car.

You can then take your new temporary paperwork to anywhere that makes registration plates and they'll knock you up some temporary white plates.

If there's anything else you need to know, or further clarification, just ask.

(We brought 2 cars and a motorbike from Holland in June and have since imported a further car from Germany)

The OH went to the RDW and took our Dutch plates back and got the export paperwork and temporary plates but I can't find a receipt here to give you a definite figure.  I'm sure it was less than 50 euros per car though + the cost of having proper plastic plates made, although I think you can actually travel on the plastic (very thin sheet plastic) plates which the RDW issues.

Unlike Germany the temporary plates from Holland carry no form of insurance, so your friends must continue with the insurance they have on the vehicle or arrange some type of insurance.  Also note that the export plates are only valid for 2 weeks - that leaves a very short import window here in France, but it is possible.