Cubs, scouts, beavers, Girl Guides in France?

Rosie

Hello all,

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of clubs like Scouts / Cubs /Guides etc that operate in France? We are moving to the Mayenne with our young children soon and would be interested to know if such things or similar exist in France[:)]

Thanks

Rosie

Yes Rosie scouts and guides exist in France and many other countries all over the globe. I`m sure your children will love it as much as I did many moons ago, I think it`s a great thing for kids to get involved in..... making camps, campfires, getting your badges for this and that, adventures with your mates....

Norman.

ummmm.... yes good point, maybe not, maybe someone with children in the scoots over here could tell us. I do hope health & safety has`nt gone too over the top........ oh my god! what about whittling a tent peg with your trusty penknife!!!

I`m afraid I`m rather old school about stuff like that. I believe there are things in life that need to be experienced at a young age to make you a "better" person. Cuts, bruises and knocks are part of that experience...... I know not everyone agrees with me :)

Norman.

Dick wrote:

Did you know that 'to scout' (v) comes from the old French 'escouter' -

to listen? And the noun from the verb of course.

I did`nt actually, thanks for that....

Love your autumn look Twinkle by the way...... always have believed in faeries ever since I saw some in my grandmothers garden as a child, they were fireflys of course, but I was convinced, aided by gran who had that wonderful gift of describing the natural world in such a magical way, difficult to describe but much like the difference between maybe an old sepia photograph and a modern day digital one, if you get my drift........

Norman.

I love fairies too!  Glad you like my avatar - it is quite gorgeous isn't it?

Back on topic. 

When I was a member of the brownies I was in the Pixie pack and I had loads of badges, I even 'earned' one for making a cup of tea!  I was always so envious of the 'high achievers' who had double and triple rows of badges sewn down their uniform sleeves.