Ali@ards Diary.

The cats are having a ball, at the moment!  Being fussed over by us & the neighbours - who all came to say "goodbye" to them, on Tuesday!!  [:-))]

I don't think anyone will want to come & see us off - we're leaving the house at about 3am!!  The cats are going to Belfast City Airport, to fly to Gatwick - will be taken to Heathrow & on to Bordeaux, with BA, arriving about 5pm. 

We're dropping them off & then going straight to Belfast International Airport (budget flights!!) then on to Luton & then Bordeaux - arriving about 1/2 an hour after them.  At least we won't have to collect them until after we pick up our hire car & get it all loaded up with the luggage (I dread to think what the excess baggage charges, will be!!) - as it takes 2 hours for them to clear customs.

Not looking forward to it - but MUCH happier doing it this way.  We'll see them after 12 hours, instead of 22 days!!  [:D]

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and heres another little worry I have, when we made our offer, we said it was to enclude the furniture, ( I think the estate agent forgot to tell her this, I may be wrong but i dont think so) I have spent ages decoding the contract only to find no reference to this so i emailed the estate agent, who told me that they were giving us the furniture so it wouldnt be in the contract, now am i going to turn up and find the place stripped bare or am i being to supisous, she did agree to this on the day of the first signing of the contracts, but we wernt sure if she was being sarcastic as she said did we want her to leave the dishes and cutlery as well? (It was a rental home not her own) or was she just being nice, its so hard to tell. What do you think? It will be an pain if we get there and have to turn right around and go out to bye everything we need in one day, I was hoping to get the place cleaned and repainted before i started having to bye anything new................still i guess its a case of wait and see[:-))] 

You will probably find, the essentials are there.  Mind you - if you're anything like me, you'll want to replace most of it anyway.  Nothing wrong with plastic plates & forks, for a few days, if necessary!!

I'm afraid, I'm just back from lunch with a friend, who forced me to drink a few glasses of wine - probably the last time I'll see her, before we leave.  Brilliant time & had a great laugh - but - White Wine & Pain Killers = [blink].

Think I'll collapse in front of Wimbledom & sleep it off!! 

I didnt want to replace anything untill we had got the place the way we wanted it and then i was going to get new next year so heres hoping

Do you know if when i want to get rid of............. an old sofa say, could i leave it out on the road with a sign saying if you want me take me ? this is what i do here when i want to get rid of things and they always seem to go, or would that be wrong ? How would i say that in french with out peoople getting the wrong idea?

Have you sobered up yet ali, do you remenber ou said you would lend us 50squid earlier?[Www]

ok look forward to that.......... have you seen on the smiley sight you can get a little kitten to follow your cursor about, its dead cute and there are other good smilies and they are all free just down load them

Hi Pads,

Any confirmation of your signed papers arriving, where they should have, yet?!!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for - & I'm starting to get cramp!! [:-))]

I actually started packing today - but I've lost the urge to continue - so think I'll watch the mens, semi finals at Wimbledon, instead!!  The cats are still looking very smug & proud of themselves!!  [:D] 

no not yet, but the estate agent keeps saying dont worry its how it works out there!!!!!! so why did i pay for 24hour dleivery? GRrrrrrrr

have you looked on the smiley site yet there are some real good ones go onto google and put smiley central, my cursor is now a loverly grey kitten with big blue eyes..............

Ive done all my packing and im not going for 6 weeks[Www]

cor im really pe-ed off now a book shelf(which ok did have very big heavey books on) has just fallen off the wall, i have just taken my favorite duvet cover off the aga where i was drying it, and its caught the side of the ring and burnt it(im always doing that and worse still they all ways look like skid marks) my bank hasnt rung when they promised to..... the man transfering my money to france wont answer my emails and my paper work hasnt turned up........................do you think someone is trying to tell me something? well im off to water my green house, at least i can do that right

You're really not having a good day, pads!!  Turn the telly on - men in shorts, playing tennis!!  Always helps me!!  [:D]

Twinkle, I'll let you into a little secret, if you promise not the tell Mark!!  I got our neighbour to stay in her garden while we were looing for Ben - knowing fine well he wouldn't appear, with her about!!  He hates strangers!!  [Www]  I'm still getting over the fact that they will be flying with BA & we're stuck on Easyjet, with no leg room!!

Edit - just checked & the tennis is rained off - but they are interviewing Pat Cash, at the moment!!  Yummy!! [:D]

dont tell me you havnt set fire to some ones bum in your youth[Www]

I had a very strange up bringing................

I have found the smiley central site and have been annoying my hubby by sending them all to him, and changing things on my computer, my curzor is a puppy with wagging tail today...................have you looked at it some are very sick

Well Im miffed with myself now, got home fom work at 6.30am detirmined to stay up and sort every one out, only at 9am while waiting for offices to open i fell asleep..............and have only just woken . still its good news the papers have arrived in france, although my original money moving man has left the company hence no answer to my emails and 10 nail chewing mins while some other bloke looked into my details, and i sat there thinking bet this other bloke had run off with my money, but no and that is all sorted now a steady stream of my money is now snaking its way to france as we speak. still cant do much about my bank account in france, brick wall and head banging keep coming to me each time i try. but am just about to fire off another email to them. and my bank here seem to of forgotten who i am but apart from that im a happy bunny to day, except im suppose to be cooking today for a picnic tomorrow and i cant be arsed to get up off my chair, and i havnt even soaked my chick peas yet [:-))] 

Latest Update:-

House is nearly all packed up & the cats air-line boxes have arrived!!  Happy days!!  [:D]

Our part delivery leaves this coming Wednesday & the rest of our belongings on Tuesday 25th .  It means our last evening & night will be spent with no furniture (including bed!!) so it'll not be the most comfortable - but I think I'll be too excited to care!!  [:-))]

How's things going with you, Pads?!!!

It means our last evening & night will be spent with no furniture (including bed!!) so it'll not be the most comfortable - but I think I'll be too excited to care!! 

Good grief Ali, that sounds awful. Have you not considered a B and B for the night?

Ali

When we moved the furniture arrived two days late.  Luckily we had had

the foresight to pack a picnic basket, an inflatable mattress (and

pump) and 2 sleeping bags in the vanful of plants that we drove over in

ourselves.

We had our first breakfast on the front terrace on a

packing crate containing glass for the greenhouse, sitting on two more

boxes.

Heaven!

Apart from a small misunderstanding this morning(which nearly killed me literly)(but thats another story) GREAT i have sorted everything up to date, monday comes the headache of sorting house insurance, only a small promblem there that i can fore see, I have been told you can not insure a house untill it is yours. (from the notaire) but he expects me to have valid paper work to prove that the house is insured on the exchange date. now knowing how long paper work takes to be churned out and delivered by thepost man, and the 2 days traving we have. im assuming i can pre do all the paper work side but only have it made valid on the date i want so we have it on hand the day he wants it? if you understand what i mean. but i will let you now this if it happens monday. did you look at intasure web site, they are the ones we have decided to go with they do holiday/perament homes cars health, even golf insurance? they look pretty good and have had some good reports via pms about them plus they were the cheapest.

Are the cats still looking smug................

ask a neighbour /friend if they have a blow up double air bed you can borrow for the last night so you dont have to sleep on the floor, and have a picnic............. thats how i spendt my last night at my last house

We had planned to book into a hotel, near the airport, for our last night - but as we still have the cats, (& yes, they still look very smug!), that's gone out the window!!  We have an old sleeping bag, which we are going to throw out, the day we leave - so it'll have to do!! 

I think it'll be Burger King for dinner & we're keeping our old kettle with us,  for coffee!!  We can buy a new one when we get our own house.

We leave the house about 4am - so there won't be much sleeping, anyway - probably just sit & watch tv - oh!! no, it'll have gone - well, we can listen to the radio - no!! it's gone as well.  Read? - hmm, no books, left.  [8-)]

I know!!!  I'll still have the lap-top - so you can all stay up, that night & keep me company!!!  [:D]

Pad's your paperwork & insurance, sounds like a logistical nightmare!!  I haven't had a chance to check out the website, yet - but will do, over the next few days.  Good luck, co-ordinating everything!! [blink]