English superstars

LEO

Watched the game against Moldovia yesterday and thought most of the established players were toothless.

By comparison Scotland appeared to have played 90 minutes with guns blazing ,beating France in the process.

Leo

France ( World cup finalists this year ) were beaten by a British team but, because it was not England who beat them , nobody else on this forum wants to comment;

BAD SPORTS

Ps. Congratulations to Scotland for what has got to be amongst the best British sporting victories this year.

Leo

I watched it.

France were very, very unlucky to not be allowed their first four goals.  Not their fault they were in the wrong spot at the wrong time.

Scotland seemed to need a steadying hand every few minutes the way they held on to the French side.  Then, all of a sudden, their elbows would jerk up into the French sides faces and then their legs would go from under them and accidentally trip the French side up.

Then, because of their bad memories, they couldn't explain their actions to the ref.  (and wasn't HE cute???)

Scotland must have some maladie or other.  Mad Footballer's Disease?

[quote user="Alexis"]

I watched it.

France were very, very unlucky to not be allowed their first four goals.  Not their fault they were in the wrong spot at the wrong time.

Scotland seemed to need a steadying hand every few minutes the way they held on to the French side.  Then, all of a sudden, their elbows would jerk up into the French sides faces and then their legs would go from under them and accidentally trip the French side up.

Then, because of their bad memories, they couldn't explain their actions to the ref.  (and wasn't HE cute???)

Scotland must have some maladie or other.  Mad Footballer's Disease?

[/quote]

[:D] Sits back and opens popcorn...........

Spongebob

Leo,

Moldova had a 2 2 draw with Bosnia-H'govina I did not see the game but it must have been better than England's game with Macedonia. 

Scotland's win was historic and Scottish fans were in great form at the Ceilidh I attended on Saturday night. I was not certain who to support with both my adopted countries playing.

Roll on the next games. 

[quote user="Dick Smith"]I just resent a comment that because I didn't instantly post to congratulate all Scots on the success of their team, that I am a BAD SPORT.  Or is that another case of intended, but not expressed very well, irony? Or just paranoia?
[/quote]

Hi Dick

If you thought the Sunday Times article was badly expressed (pun not intended) that's fair enough by me, as I didn't write it.

I did write "BAD SPORTS" because ,5 hours had elapsed without a single word from anyone on the forum and, as I am pretty new to this forum I thought 5 hours is a long time.

Kind regards, (most of the time)

Leo 

[quote user="Dick Smith"]But why should they? It isn't a football forum?

And I'm sorry, your original post came over as pretty sour - wasn't that the way you meant it?
[/quote]

my original post;

Watched the game against Moldovia yesterday and thought most of the established players were toothless.

By comparison Scotland appeared to have played 90 minutes with guns blazing ,beating France in the process.

Leo

Dick,

I cannot see anything sour in the above words and , I was aware It is'nt a football forum, but I am of the opinion that it is a France/British forum; hence the relevance of Scotland 1 France 0

Kind regards,

LEO

[quote user="Dick Smith"]Sorry, it was your second post in which you said that we were bad sports because we weren't queuing up to congratulate Scotland on beating France. Not sour at all, then, so that's OK.
[/quote]

Hi Dick, apology accepted.

I've just noticed we have had 227 viewers

Kind regards,

Leo

[quote user="Dick Smith"]That wasn't an apology, it was verbal irony.

So I'll assume that the irony was accepted, yes?

How about you answer my point instead of pretending it was all a joke?
[/quote]

Dick could you do me the courtesy of simplifying and reiterating your point then , I will give you a conclusive answer.

Kind regards,

Leo

Leo, take it from me, as a Moderator, that 5 hours is not a long time here. Some posts are never answered. Thats life, members are volunteers, we can't make them post.[:)]

With my moderator hat off - I agree with the person who wondered why we should all rush to congratulate the Scots when they take a delight it telling the English that they always support our opponents........support and congratulations are a two way street.

Does anyone else remember that World Cup first round match

(oooohhhh...may have been 1998 - couldn't swear, but someone here will

know) between the USA and Iran? The US captain turned up to the centre

circle with a farty little pendant to hand over and the Iranian captain

turned up with half the contents of a carpet warehouse, solid-gold

jewel-encrusted desk tidies and a fist full of vouchers entitling the

holder to 50% off at "Ali's Kebab & Couscous - Serving the Finest

Food in Downtown Tabriz Since 1975"?

This conspicuous display of hospitality by the Iranians turned the pub

I was in into their staunchest supporters for the next 90 minutes. I

think that they won 2-0 and (as an Englishman) it was a pleasant

novalty to be shouting for the winning side for once.

I had a point when I started this...nope! Gone.