Savoie

Where does the haute savoie region sit in the forum???   Maybe a map splitting the ares might be an idea.   Just wanted to know the ski ing conditions in La Clusaz???   Praying for Easter snow!

Lollie (Dept 44)

come to think of it not even sure where the Loire Atlantique sits on here?

The Haute Savoie is in the SE of France on here and is the 'real' SE of France, as opposed to the 'faux' SE like Perpignon. Think everyone will find that being near two countries to the E/SE of France ie Switzerland and Italy, rather than Spain says it all.

There was fresh snow in the Alps yesterday afternoon. I can see it from my window and would imagine that it was pretty general.

Why don't you look on La Clusaz's web site, they will have one. Easter is quite some way off yet and they could get more snow or if it warms up then they'll have less or none. By chance I asked my voisin what the neige was like on Saturday as his jobs takes him to most of the resorts. He said that the snow was good from 2000M, but when is it not really. As I said they must have had snow since then too. La Clusaz, if memory serves me well does go pretty high, so I'm sure that whenever you are there there will be snow on the upper slopes.

We are in the Haute Savoie and had a battle royal to have ourselves included in the forum under South Eastern France. Bearing in mind we are so close to a major international airport [Geneva] and many of the most wonderful ski-ing areas, it is disappointing to say the least that initially so little recognition was given to our region. Hope it improves with time.

I have no idea why Perpignon is classed as SE France on here. And it riles me to write that. I have what, a six odd hour journey to get there, maybe more and that is only because of the motorway. It is also on the spannish border, not known for being east of France AFAIK.