MISSING PERSON

I have been asked to post this genuine message.  It has been approved for posting by James, it is also being posted in the South Eastern France section.

[IMG]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q296/clair46/ChrisLipscombe.jpg[/IMG]

"Chris Lipscombe retired to Pradelles Cabardes in the Aude two years ago and lives on his own.  He is 60 years old, about 5'11" tall, balding and slim.  He is very fit, and plays squash, in the past he has been a County player at both squash and tennis.

He disappeared from his home on 10 December 2006. His car is still at the house and the doors of both the house and the car were unlocked.  He does not appear to have taken a coat, and the weather was not good that afternoon. 

If you see or hear of him, please would you contact your local Gendarmerie or Police Station, if you see him in the UK please advise the Foreign Office.

This is a genuine appeal and you can see a photo of Chris here, under the entry dated 15th January 2007.

The local gendarmerie and the army which has training grounds in the area all have mounted searches, aided by helicopters, to no avail.

He was expected to celebrate his 60th birthday a few days after his

disappearance. This is completely out of character and his friends and

relatives are baffled and fear the worse.

• 5 months later...
Thanks for the update Tom, I have passed it onto the concerned friends although I suspect that they know there is no news.  I think the article lacks a bit from the translation, I think they mean he was possibly taken by force from his house or got lost, rather than he did not want to go missing, paper probably used babelfish[:D]

Posts have been deleted from this thread. This is serious subject, please stay on topic and keep to the Code of Conduct.

In one of the deleted posts Tag suggested that had Chris Lipscombe owned a dog, tracing the dog may help. This a valid point however as no dog has been mentioned in any of the reports, as far as I can see, I think we can assume that he was completely alone.

I am locking this thread, if anyone has genuine information please ask a mod or admin to unlock it.

An update: Chris does not own a dog.

A year ago, Chris agreed to join Mr Clair and an English friend to make up the local British team at the village boules competition [:)]

They weren't expected to get very far but still managed to win a couple of games.

When they eventually lost, their opponents bought them a round of drinks, as per local tradition and praised them for a giving them good game.. 'for a team of Englishmen'!

Chris went missing a couple of days before he was due drive from his home to our village, to celebrate his 60th birthday with friends he had known over 30 years.