Re: Alcohol - addiction and its treatment

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="woolybanana"]The wife of a Brit I know regularly comes round here just to let off steam because her husband is a heavy drinker who gets verbally and occasionally physically abusive. He is drinking a minimum of two bottles of wine a day. And despite three major heart attacks, smokes 40 a day. The problem is that he refuses to seek help for either problem. Any ideas as to how to deal with this?[/quote]

Saw said lady today. She is now looking for a shotgun which seems reasonable to me.

OK, no booze before 6 pm.  Better than nothing, as you say, Gemini.

Got in late afternoon after French class, the bank and the supremarket and I TRIED so HARD and poured myself a glass of Badoit.  But, later, I did have 2 glasses of Chardonnay; so not a lot of progress as yet.

However, "only" 9 glasses in the last 5 days, so an improvement on "normal" behaviour.  Keeping my drinking diary meticulously. 

As I have said before, it's not YET a serious problem but I clearly have some degree of dependance, otherwise I wouldn't feel the need to drink every SINGLE day, would I?[:(]

[quote user="sweet 17"]

However, "only" 9 glasses in the last 5 days, so an improvement on "normal" behaviour.  Keeping my drinking diary meticulously. 

As I have said before, it's not YET a serious problem but I clearly have some degree of dependance, otherwise I wouldn't feel the need to drink every SINGLE day, would I?[:(]

[/quote]

Perhaps, Sweets, it is the sheer Habit of enjoying the buzz as part of the unwinding process, rather than addiction per se?

Why not try something else as an unwind, for a few days?