butterfly stiches

Thanks Clair, I'm all sorted now ... went up to the pharmacy and got Steri-Strips (2.84 for five !!) ... I'm going to get some more of these to keep in the house as they are invaluable (says she who has just used them for the first time in her life!).  And those blighters aren't as easy to apply as you might think.

I don't mind the sight of blood, unless it's my own, and then I go right queasy!

Now then, the important question ... who thinks I should "rest" my leg for the rest of the day?  And should it be "rested" outside with a glass of wine and a book, or should it be "rested" inside with a cup of tea, a slice of cake and a movie???

[quote user="newbiee"]

Now then, the important question ... who thinks I should "rest" my leg for the rest of the day?  And should it be "rested" outside with a glass of wine and a book, or should it be "rested" inside with a cup of tea, a slice of cake and a movie???

[/quote]

Esay one,  since you shouldn't get the cut wet, if raining then tea/cake/movie if fine then wine/book [:D]

Before now I've used a dab of superglue to stick the edges of a wound together, works briliantly and hardly any scar.  I heard (probably another Urban Myth) that it was originally invented for the army as first aid in battle that's why the thing it sticks best is skin.

Not an urban myth at all, was invented and originally then used by US troops in Vietnam.

If you buy the liquid skin adhesive spray here in France - I carry one with me all the time especially when I'm working in the garden cos my chemo makes me bleed too much, even from the smallest graze or nick - it's actually an aerosol super glue, works a treat.

[quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]

Not an urban myth at all, was invented and originally then used by US troops in Vietnam.

If you buy the liquid skin adhesive spray here in France - I carry one with me all the time especially when I'm working in the garden cos my chemo makes me bleed too much, even from the smallest graze or nick - it's actually an aerosol super glue, works a treat.

[/quote]

Well, well you live and learn.  I thinks I'll be getting me some of this liquid skin.