Re: C'est normal, non?

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

Yo woolyb!

Are you referring to the thingy on the telly where you sit and watch men riding bikes and listen to other men talking about the men who are riding the bikes?

[/quote]

Yo Twinkle!

If memory serves me right, you already tried that bit of provocation for LAST TdF! [:)]

Have you  heard of Jeanie Longo? At 49, yes you read correctly, 49, she is the French women champion of all cycling feats! But that's because she is a vegan and only eats bio and drinks spring water. Super-clean existence. Probably no men either.

I probably did 5-Element - I sometimes wonder why I don't just copy and paste all my old posts month after month and just be done with it[:D]

About 15 years ago me and the band were part of the welcome podium for the Tour and we played at each of the etapes the evening before the cyclists arrived.  One of the highlights of my musical career actually - it was great fun and we were treated like something between royalty and the Rolling Stones!

Last year I met Maryline Salvetat at a live telly thingy show for the Tour, her head was spinning around quicker than the blokes there everytime the young female dancers strutted there stuff outside the dressing rooms[:D]

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maryline_Salvetat

I can imagine you doing C and W and Ronnette numbers (do you do Da Doo Ron Ron?) at some out of the way village bar as the Tour rolls by, with the natives jiving for all they are worth. There is a great female lead singer in a scene in a Clint Eastwood movie called Heartbreak Ridge, who I am convinced is your good self Twinkls.

Now back to the Tour. Start of the foothills today and the important stuff really begins. Hold your breath guys and dolls.

Cheeky devil! I will try and find that scene on Youtube though[:P]

Hold my breath?  Are you real?  I have three 9 year olds giggling and preening at my place for the week end[:)]

C&W, Ronettes, ABBA - powerdesal, yes I can do all that but I don't.

WB said: (about Jeanie Longo)  "Totally unnatural life then. Probable worse off than if she took IPO"

Perhaps you would care to define "natural" then [:D]. I say that because when I saw her interviewed, I fond her a very impressive woman, she is also quite solitary and modest about her incredible achievements.

By the way, it is EPO.

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

I will try and find that scene on Youtube though[:P]

[/quote]

Great Twinkle, I can't wait!!! At last we might get to see (those of us who don't already know) whether you are, or not, a Juliette Lewis lookalike/soundalike!

[quote user="5-element"][quote user="TWINKLE"]

I will try and find that scene on Youtube though[:P]

[/quote]

Great Twinkle, I can't wait!!! At last we might get to see (those of us who don't already know) whether you are, or not, a Juliette Lewis lookalike/soundalike!

[/quote]

It is the scene in the club which is holding a singing competition. Couldn't find it myself. But better not be there when TINKLE does

WB said:

"IPO is something special by the way.

Well veggie, vegan and NO MEN, t'aint natural my dear, 'tis the work uv t devill I tell 'ee. A giirl gotta get her meat somehow."

It looks, in her case, that NO MEN is "apart from her husband, who is also her coach". Does that feel better, does she appear "more natural" now? She was born in the Alps, and lives in a remote mountainous area there, a semi-hermit existence. A woman after my own heart.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeannie_Longo-Ciprelli

Should I google IPO?

So a bloke peed in the bushes, good god, it's hardly the end of civilisation as we (they) know it.

Yes, Ok, he could have been a little more discrete about it. Can you imagine the furore if he was 'commando', though and good job it wasn't a No.2 [blink]

I have a rule at my house:

Gentlemen are encouraged to pee in the garden, for ladies it's optional [:D]