check your statements!

Pudding

Hi due to an e-mail address change my name has changed " artiste formaly known as Lilly" nice to be back , for me anyway!

Just a little note to warn you,

I had a situation recently that was a little alarming, alors I filled my car up with gazole at a patrol station and paid via the machine with my card i fortunatly took a reciept also, following morning I check by phone my balance ( I new it was very nearly empty!) to find it was totally empty as there had been a deduction of €131.00 not the 40.11 that I had spent.

Bit of a long story but the ticket said 40.11 but the charge to my account was 131.00 After a bit of investigasion I had to cancel my card and wait 7 days for the funds to be released to my account, no one knows if this was an outside thing or a mistake by the stores banking system, but I would not have known that this amount was wrong unless I had checked my bank as my account was so low, and it made me think of all the other times I've had a shock at the level of my account as I was expecting more as I usually keep a pretty acurate level but have put it down to a miss calculation on my part as the figures have all come from known shops etc what do you think of that?

[quote user="suein56"][quote user="Judith"]I have studiously checked statements ever since I had a bank account [/quote]

I have studiously checked my bank statements since I spent 6 months working in a branch of Lloyds in the late 60's ... [:-))]

Sue [:)]

[/quote]

Never did trust Lloyds .......!!  Had to run an account with them when Treasurer of an association once, they made it very hard work.  Never banked with them myself I'm pleased to say.

In reply to the OP

I have heard of a scam where person 'A' fils up at a pump, drives off without paying then person 'B' comes along to same pump and gets caught for the whole lot.

Not sure how the scam works as in getting fuel out of the pump in the first place and of course, no idea if this might have happened to you but I do always check that all the readings are reset to zero before pumping fuel.

We have a large vechile that has a 90 ltre tank it was indeed empty but at .95cents a litre someone with an equel size vehicle also empty would have had to pass immediatly after us at 9.00pm  and not only that the amount showed on the reading was 40.11 and  the reciept matches nothing adds up, it was at a higher banking level that this error was made I too was a bank manager and it defies me how this can happen. I never have been that relgious in keeping every till reciept to check against my statements but have a mental note of what is where at all time but there in recent months have been more times that I've have been unpleasently suprised and have thought it must be me BUT maybe not?